RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum

Interfacing RADIO DJ with Natural Music

Interfacing RADIO DJ with Natural Music
« on: August 18, 2016, 10:32:39 PM »
Hopefully other folks can benefit from this.

The key to it is the getting the data imported correctly.  At least that's what took me the longest to figure out.  If you've already got your audio imported to Natural Music, skip to number 4.  I try to be as basic as I can when I write instructions because that's how I understand things best, so please don't t think I'm being patronizing :).   I'm still trying to figure out the "now play" stuff.  Anyway, enough rambling.  Let  me know if you have any other questions.

1. Using RadioDJ's CSV Exporter (let me know if you need help installing that) I created a file with all my audio I've loaded so far.  The fields I chose were:

ID, PATH, ARTIST, TITLE, ALBUM, YEAR, DURATION.  The path is one of the keys to success.

2.  The default name is RDJ_EXPORTED.CSV, but you can call it anything you  want.  Once that's run, open it with NOTEPAD.  Each field is separated by a comma and surrounded by quotes.  You want the comma's.  I don't like the quotes so I EDIT-REPLACE " with (blank).  That will strip the quotation marks.  Save (of course).

3. In Natural Music: IMPORT-> FILE TYPE-> TEXT FILE (COMMA DELIMITED).  Count the number of comma's to find the corresponding field.  Example 7236, Elton  John, Burn Down The Mission. 7236 would be field 1.  Elton John, field 2.  Burn Down The Mission, field 3., etc. Again, probably the most important is where that piece of audio is located.

Once all that is done the actual interface is simple.

4. In Natural Music: STATION-> AUTOMATION LOG TYPE ->M3U FILE.  Also, note the PATH.  I set mine to C:\MUSIC\LOGS.  For the moment I'm running RadioDJ and NM5 on the same machine.

5.  In Natural Music create your daily log.  LOGS-> NEW-> CREATE.  (Verify the date and make sure your automation type is M3U FILE.)

6. In RadioDJ: Click the folder icon (OPEN PLAYLIST).  Select the M3U PLAYLIST radio button.  Browse to the folder where you saved your log.  Open it.  There ya go!

Offline Marius

• Radio DJ
Re: Interfacing RADIO DJ with Natural Music
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 11:10:34 PM »
That moment when you spend $695+ for a scheduler, but you are still using free automation software  :) [no pun intended]
Thanks for the tutorial, i'm sure that it will helpful for other users.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 08:38:37 AM »
The company switched music schedulers so this was just 'sitting on the shelf' so to speak. ;)

Offline Freedom Rock Radio

• FreedomRockRadio.com
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 03:36:17 AM »

4. In Natural Music: STATION-> AUTOMATION LOG TYPE ->M3U FILE.  Also, note the PATH.  I set mine to C:\MUSIC\LOGS.  For the moment I'm running RadioDJ and NM5 on the same machine.

5.  In Natural Music create your daily log.  LOGS-> NEW-> CREATE.  (Verify the date and make sure your automation type is M3U FILE.)

6. In RadioDJ: Click the folder icon (OPEN PLAYLIST).  Select the M3U PLAYLIST radio button.  Browse to the folder where you saved your log.  Open it.  There ya go!

I know this is an old topic, but this would be very helpful. 

Even when I select the automation type as M3U file, it keeps saving it as a NML file, thus I can't open this with RadioDJ.

Anyone can help please?

Thanks in advance!