Author Topic: software not responding  (Read 7500 times)

theparty.fm

• Personal Text
    Tune into the Party! www.ThePartyfm.com
    • Visit Us Online
Re: software not responding
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2016, 02:18:44 AM »
i too having similar issues, radio dj not responsive off and on, my pc is a beast, AMD Quad core 4.20 ghz, with 9gb ddr 3 ram, no programs running in background OS win 7 pro, x64  im only running radio dj, xkeys software that controls my programmable keyboard to send short cut keys to the pc, my encoder which is stand alone which i cant mention here, then radio dj, PC CPU use was 7% and only 2.5 gb used of ram and its off and on you click on a song to load it to the slot/deck and it hesitates and doesnt add it and then it will, or I will be loading an event then the event plays we are on air live on my mic, then i am in assist mode i come out of assist mode then it wont play for a minute.  I eventually works but is having problems.  This just started the last few days off and on.

Also worth mentioning, I cleaned temp files, pc is clean no antivirus software, we dont surf any sites except facebook and or news related sites, nothing gets downloaded to the pc. its just for air play,  then also im using maria db for the back end.

Any suggestions? Im about to backup and re-format which is a LONG process to get everything back to the way it was...  Im using 3 hard drives too, all SATA one is for the OS, the other 2 are 1TB in a raid for the music and audio... all on the same machine.

Im thinking to go to SSD for the audio for radio dj, then upgrade my ram to 16gb.

Any thoughts???
Get a FREE syndicated show for your station streamed live! PM me for details.

DJ Garybaldy

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Don't Shoot! I'm only the Moderator
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2016, 10:02:47 AM »
i too having similar issues, radio dj not responsive off and on, my pc is a beast, AMD Quad core 4.20 ghz, with 9gb ddr 3 ram, no programs running in background OS win 7 pro, x64  im only running radio dj, xkeys software that controls my programmable keyboard to send short cut keys to the pc, my encoder which is stand alone which i cant mention here, then radio dj, PC CPU use was 7% and only 2.5 gb used of ram and its off and on you click on a song to load it to the slot/deck and it hesitates and doesnt add it and then it will, or I will be loading an event then the event plays we are on air live on my mic, then i am in assist mode i come out of assist mode then it wont play for a minute.  I eventually works but is having problems.  This just started the last few days off and on.

When we had a similar issue with RadioDJ not working as it should and it boiled down to a hardware/drive issue it could be hardware is failing/not functioning on your system.

You've said you cleaned the temp files etc... but have you defragged the drives lately? Also tell the antivirus software not to scan the RadioDJ folder.

I personally don't believe its a RadioDJ issue when things like that start happening.

P.S In future if you have a problem that needs diagnosing @thepartyfm can you start a fresh topic otherwise things get muddled really quickly! Thanks.
Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

RadioDJ is my most FAVOURITE piece of software EVER

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/djgarybaldy

DJAntares

• New User

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 06:00:30 PM »
When we had a similar issue with RadioDJ not working as it should and it boiled down to a hardware/drive issue it could be hardware is failing/not functioning on your system.

You've said you cleaned the temp files etc... but have you defragged the drives lately? Also tell the antivirus software not to scan the RadioDJ folder.

I personally don't believe its a RadioDJ issue when things like that start happening.

Hi Garybaldy, alla operation that you have elencated were made but this very bothersome problem remaining...