Author Topic: The button Pause in the instant players  (Read 1183 times)

nonstopradio

The button Pause in the instant players
« on: December 05, 2016, 06:07:40 PM »
Hello just once today :-)

next (and for this time last) thing i wish to have is, if you would create a new button "pause" into the instatnt players.

OR/AND, possibly else useful button "Play only teaser part"

This would be very helpful function for me in live broadcasting and I also think, it is helpful for others. Now I can not prepare the exact point, from which I need to play a file in the instant player, when I am broadcasting live, for example I would like to play only a part (several seconds) from the middle of some file during speaking. Now I can play only from the beginning of the file and can not prepare before the speaking, some part from the middle.

Thank you very much!

woody54

• New User

Re: The button Pause in the instant players
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:02:31 PM »
 :ok:

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »
Like play part between hook in and hook out?
 :cool:
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit  https://radiodj.info

Testing RadioDJ v2.0.3.1 Beta

nonstopradio

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 02:10:08 AM »
Yes! It would be veeeery helpful!
Instant playing of a part of any song from "hook in" to "hook out" will be a great function.
But just the Pause button can do a lot also.

nonstopradio

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 12:47:28 AM »
Hello,

this request I posted some years ago, but still the pause buton was not implemented. I still think, that it may help many people and even me still. Should I ask if you think about the implementation, or if this idea is not good?

The hook in - hook out playout from the instant player is not a solution, because I play from instant players mainly MP3 tracks which are not into database, so they have no cue points set.
For example I would like to play a part of the recording of the one hour show from some times before. I need to prepare in advance the correct point where to start to play on air - for example from 32. minute of the recording. Make pause at this point like on an old casette player. And then un-pause it right when I need it.
Finally - the Play button, which is actually there, could work like pause as well - it can be toggleing. It is not needed to put there any new button.

Thank you!