• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

MIDI control

Started by Nautilus, January 17, 2017, 10:31:26 PM

Nautilus

Hi!

I want to buy a novation launchpad mini mk2 and use with RadioDj to trigger my station jingles, start music etc. I've already seen some questions in this topic, but those are posted ages ago.

I've two important questions about the midi control plugin:

1, Does it supports the launchpad, and if yes, will the lights of the buttons turns on, or the whole device remains dark?
2, Will I get feedback from the plugin? For example when a jingle is played, the color of the trigger button change.

Thanks for your answers! :) (And sorry for my english if it is not correct somewhere. I'm not a native speaker)

Marius

Quote from: Nautilus on January 17, 2017, 10:31:26 PM
I'm not a native speaker)

Don't worry, most of us are not.

1. In theory all MIDI devices are supported, but the lights are not implemented, sorry for this.
2. Same answer as #1, the feedback is implemented by lights, which are not implemented... :D

So, in conclusion, if the lights are important to you, then the current state will not satisfy you.  :)
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Nautilus

Thank you Marius!

Finally I found a document which describes the basic MIDI commands of the launchpad.
I've got only one more question. :)
Can I send MIDI signal with RDJ? For example: on the main player, a track (or pre recorded show etc.) is played. At the START cue, it send out a MIDI command, which includes the note, and the velocity value on MIDI chanel 1. When we reach outro cue (or 10 sec remaining) an another command goes out on channel 2. (Signal on ch2 tells the launchpad to flash the button which defined by the MIDI note) This is for the main player. But it happens on the aux players and on the cart players too, but with an another button (means different MIDI note)
It would be so much easyer to run a show in assisted mode with this kind of feedback.
Actually I can't write programs (but I really want to learn how to write) so this idea probably not correct, but it would be great if RDJ could do it.

rodger212

Hi there Nautilus!!
it has been a while since you started this thread I know :)
just wondered how things worked out for you?
Love and peace!
Rodger

hypadj33