Author Topic: ? How to play indefinite playlist?  (Read 1328 times)

pavlosradio

• New User

? How to play indefinite playlist?
« on: March 02, 2017, 05:32:05 PM »
Hello guys, i finally made it to here and radiodj is up and running 24/7. I cant find the repeat all button. Any ideas?

DJ Garybaldy

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    Don't Shoot! I'm only the Moderator
    • DJ Garybaldy Blog
Re: ? How to play indefinite playlist?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:35:02 PM »
Hello guys, i finally made it to here and radiodj is up and running 24/7. I cant find the repeat all button. Any ideas?

There is NO such feature in RDJ.

If you need to repeat a play list of songs create a playlist and have that load via an event... Although why you would want the same songs over and over again is beyond me.

Just leave the program to automate and get creative with rotations etc etc.. (ad nauseam) it is after all a very clever automation program.
Proud USER of RadioDJ since 2010

RadioDJ is my most FAVOURITE piece of software EVER

https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/djgarybaldy

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:38:49 PM »

I don't know what you want to repeat but it is possible to run RadioDJ 24/7 with unique playlists. Just build a rotation using the categories. When the rotation is saved ( at least 15 music tracks or 21 tracks including jingles and promo's ), tell in an event what RadioDJ should do at a givin time and RadioDJ starts building a playlist according to what your rotation is. Hit start and it stops when you press the stop button. ( Or in case of Windows 10, when Windows crashes  :hihi: )
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

pavlosradio

• New User

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 06:24:51 PM »
because i am a n00b in internet stations so i need sometime to understand what jingles are, what promos are and how i create them and step by step i build up a radiostation

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:20:30 PM »
because i am a n00b in internet stations so i need sometime to understand what jingles are, what promos are and how i create them and step by step i build up a radiostation

No problem, some can explain this too ;-) A jingle is some kind station ID. "You are listening to *station*" those kind of things. A promo on the other hand is promotion for a program on your station. Something like "Each Friday at 5, news from 5 to high five". Just some kind of promotion. Jingles can be 5 seconds or just 2 seconds and promo's could be 30 seconds up to 45 seconds. You can use these to "break" the continues music.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

pavlosradio

• New User

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »
Oh i see. where do i find these patterns or how can i create them? My voice is not that nice to be on a radio hahah

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »
Oh i see. where do i find these patterns or how can i create them? My voice is not that nice to be on a radio hahah

Those jingles and promo you have to make yourself or you can order them but ordering is money ;-) A little tip, if you know somebody who want to say some words for your station like "Radio" and "listen now" those loose words, than you can edit them in a multitrack program with some little sounds underneath. If you go to https://purejingles.com/ you can hear some exaples how it sounds like. Don't use them for your own show, that can get you in major problems.