Author Topic: I need an auto clear plugin  (Read 1542 times)

markc1542

• New User

• AVoicePro.com
I need an auto clear plugin
« on: March 26, 2017, 05:25:50 PM »
Hi Guys I am looking for an auto clear plug in. Here is my use thoughts.  Every hour I have a hourly rotation loaded, but sometimes there is a few songs still remaining in the que, and what I need is an auto clear to remove those right after the next hour load is done.  I have my rotations set to load at example:  58:30 of every hour.  My idea is to have a clear auto run where you can set it for every hour or what ever hours you need or day or week, same as the choices for rotations.  So once my rotation for that hour loads at 58:30  I would be able to set the auto clear to come on at 58:40 of every hour.  That way as it clears, it would then reload the next hour rotation again because I have autodj and automated on.  I am not trying to hit the top of hour with this, I just want to make sure that near the top hour my rotation for that hour starts at the beginning.  I have had some hours where, because of the length of some songs, there would be 1 or 2 or 3 songs left to play, and therefore it is pushing the next hours rotation. For the most part I have music going from one hour to the next, but some hours specialty shows which need to start within a few minutes of the top of hour.   Hope all this makes sense, I just don't have any idea on how to create a plugin, and have done a lot of searching for one like what I have described.
Thank you  Markc1542
Mark Christiansen
Avoicepro.com
FMRadionet.com
DanceNPopFM.com
HardRock-FM.com
XitFM.com
TechouseFM.com

Calypso

Re: I need an auto clear plugin
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 05:55:53 PM »
Hi Guys I am looking for an auto clear plug in. Here is my use thoughts.  Every hour I have a hourly rotation loaded, but sometimes there is a few songs still remaining in the que, and what I need is an auto clear to remove those right after the next hour load is done.  I have my rotations set to load at example:  58:30 of every hour.  My idea is to have a clear auto run where you can set it for every hour or what ever hours you need or day or week, same as the choices for rotations.

Doesn't the "Clear Playlist" action in rotations do exactly that?

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 07:17:12 PM »
Doesn't the "Clear Playlist" action in rotations do exactly that.
No, in events it will. :D
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit  https://radiodj.info

Testing RadioDJ v2.0.2.0 Beta

plauri

• Funky Corner Radio
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 11:51:40 PM »
But when you load the new rotation, say at 58:40, all the songs in the rotation on air still to be played (no matter how long they are) will be wiped out and the new rotation will take place. So I don't see why you need a plugin.
Funky Corner Radio
http://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

fuzzyfaraway

• 96.9 KEPT FM
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 04:47:03 AM »
Every hour I have a hourly rotation loaded, but sometimes there is a few songs still remaining in the que, and what I need is an auto clear to remove those right after the next hour load is done.

Your rotation loading event should consist of (at least) these four items:

1. Disable AutoDJ
2. Clear Playlist
3. Load Rotation
4. Enable AutoDJ

When you set the event to run at the suggested 58:40 (or whatever time near TOH works best for you), AutoDJ (#1) is disabled first to keep the queue from being filled by the old rotation when the playlist is cleared (#2). When the new roation (#3) loaded, thenAutoDJ must be re-enabled (#4) so the playlist gets re-filled from the new rotation. That way, when the current song finishes, the very next song will be from your new rotation.

Hope this makes sense and helps.  :) Events are very versatile and can be (but don't have to be) very complex containing many elements. That's what makes them so useful.

John T
--

Christian radio for contemporary adults!
Streaming 24/7 from keptfm.com or get the KEPT FM app for your iOS or Android device!

markc1542

• New User

• AVoicePro.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 09:05:50 AM »
JohnT, your awesome that is exactly what I needed done and it works.  I had no idea you could use multiple tasks in the event. 100% perfect.  Thanks
Mark Christiansen
Avoicepro.com
FMRadionet.com
DanceNPopFM.com
HardRock-FM.com
XitFM.com
TechouseFM.com

plauri

• Funky Corner Radio
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »

Your rotation loading event should consist of (at least) these four items:

1. Disable AutoDJ
2. Clear Playlist
3. Load Rotation
4. Enable AutoDJ

When you set the event to run at the suggested 58:40 (or whatever time near TOH works best for you), AutoDJ (#1) is disabled first to keep the queue from being filled by the old rotation when the playlist is cleared (#2). When the new roation (#3) loaded, thenAutoDJ must be re-enabled (#4) so the playlist gets re-filled from the new rotation. That way, when the current song finishes, the very next song will be from your new rotation.

Hope this makes sense and helps.  :) Events are very versatile and can be (but don't have to be) very complex containing many elements. That's what makes them so useful.

John T
--

I'm always in autodj mode and never used in my events #1 and #4 (disable and enable autodj). It works like a charm!
Funky Corner Radio
http://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

Jhonny

• Personal Text
    Peace, enjoy life, last sleep is longer than live!
    • Jhonny's RadioDJ tutorials.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »
I'm always in autodj mode and never used in my events #1 and #4 (disable and enable autodj). It works like a charm!

Yep, it does.

Load rotation
clear playlist

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs, I do tuts. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) visit  https://radiodj.info

Testing RadioDJ v2.0.2.0 Beta

fuzzyfaraway

• 96.9 KEPT FM
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 07:31:46 PM »
Yep, it does.

Load rotation
clear playlist

Just goes to show that I always take a more complicated route!  :D

John T
--

Christian radio for contemporary adults!
Streaming 24/7 from keptfm.com or get the KEPT FM app for your iOS or Android device!