• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Audio Processing and Some Questions

Started by Ken, April 15, 2017, 07:48:31 PM

Filip83

Install stereo tool or sound solution?
www.diskonektedmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/diskonekted

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: RFU on May 11, 2017, 04:41:44 PM
I can't get it to install. It keeps asking to connect to the internet to download a dll file that's already there, and then doesn't download it

I'm pretty sure Sound Solution isn't developed anymore.. So there won't be anywhere to download files from, its at least 15 years old to my knowledge as a I first tried it with S*M back in 2002 and it caused more headaches than it solved.

If it's not installing then there ain't a great deal anyone can do about it... You'll have to find another way to process your sound.

There used to be a warning with the DSP stacker about sound solution slamming the CPU to 100% if it wasn't properly shutdown.

Quote* SoundSolution still slams CPU to 100% if you stop RDJ before removing it.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Filip83

I am using without any problems whatsoever on W10. The download link still works: https://support.xmplay.com/files_view.php?file_id=8

I like it because as an audio engineer I understand the way it operates. Contrary to the overly complicated interface that Stereo tool uses.
Of course in both applications the presets are complete trash. I was able to make decent presets in both applications. Ultimately I choose to keep using Sound solution, since the UI makes more sense to me.

As for the installation: Are you able to find dsp_ss131b.dll file?
This file should be placed in: \RadioDJ\Plugins\

I'm pretty sure you can simply copy it over. I think that is all you need. The preset files for Sound solution shall be placed in: \RadioDJ\

That's all. Then you only need to start the plug in in RDJ using the DSP plug in. I have also added the DSP plug in to the quick access buttons on the bottom of the RDJ UI. If you have any problems or questions feel free to ask.

I have added the slightly updated presets I use in the attachment.

• Use the [ + ] [ - ] to move to the preset you want to use, then press load.
  • The left box with name tells you your current preset in use and the name box on the right will show you what preset is selected for loading or if you want to save a new preset to the position.
  • You can also see the [ 0 ] between the above boxes. This represents the preset position. Preset 0 = ss0.dat file.

Preset:

• +4 limits the amount of the AGC and is the most transparent version, however it may not boost some quiet songs enough. (classical music, quiet recordings)
  • +4 AGC doesn't limit the the AGC and will boost the sound as much as needed. High amplitude transitions might be "bumpy" but it's generally just fine.

The emphasis with these presets is on transparency and control over the loudness of the output.
The presets will slightly enhance "clarity" and the stereo image. The compression and limiting is spread through all stages to reduce pumping and unnecessary artifacts.

Optionally you can use the Overdrive slider to make the sound louder and slightly "warmer", but note that it will also drive the components more. Use with caution. I personally don't use this option, but it's fine at low values (2dB).

Please also note that: You need to disable all native RDJ Audio processing, as well as lower the in chain volume! See the attached pic.

GL

[attachment deleted by admin]
www.diskonektedmusic.com

RFU

I put dsp_ss131b.dll in the C:\RadioDJ\Plugins folder
I put it in the C:\SoundSolutions folder and in the C:\SoundSolutions\Plugins
it still doesn't see/find it and kills the install
And the link you gave is where I downloaded it from
Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

Filip83

Go to: Options > Plugins > DSP > Show

Here is the chain of dsp plug ins that RDJ will use. In the upper window you should see the Sound Solution listed. Then doble click on it to start using it.

Here's how to add DSP to your shortcut buttons:

Let me know if u still have problems.
www.diskonektedmusic.com

RFU

The dsp_ss131b.dll file I have I downloaded from the internet. it didn't come from SoundSolutions

And where would I put your preset files?

Filip83

First let's make it work. Sound solution is a very old plug in. It is no longer being maintained. But I still use it just fine. As far as I know the dll file is all you need. Are you able to use the plug in with the default preset?

If yes then put the "ss6.dat" and "ss7.dat" file next to (same folder as) "RadioDJ.exe". The ptesets will be at position 6 and 7. You could rename "ss6.dat" and "ss7.dat" to "ss0.dat" and "ss1.dat". I will also replace the zip file in the thread.
www.diskonektedmusic.com

RFU

ok, it's working

but when i click on "LOAD" to load your presents, nothing happens.

i renamed both and put them in the same directory as radiodj.exe

Filip83

• Use the [ + ] [ - ] to move to the preset you want to use, then press load.
  • The left box with name tells you your current preset in use and the name box on the right will show you what preset is selected for loading or if you want to save a new preset to the position.
  • You can also see the [ 0 ] between the above boxes. This represents the preset position. Preset 0 = ss0.dat file.
www.diskonektedmusic.com

RFU

ok, now it works  :ok:

but i'm not hearing any difference between +4 and +4AGC

Filip83

Quote from: RFU on May 12, 2017, 01:14:40 AM
ok, now it works  :ok:

but i'm not hearing any difference between +4 and +4AGC

The only difference is the Automatic Gain Control (AGC) Max gain:

• One preset (+4) has limited the amount of gain that can be controlled by the AGC (Max gain is 13dB).
  • The other preset (+4 AGC) has a lesser restriction on the amount the AGC maximum gain. It can amplify the input volume up to 25dB. This only affects overly quiet recordings. Limiting the AGC less makes the DSP be more "flexible". However that means that it can potentially make a "pumping effect" if the signal gets amplified by the AGC and then there's a fast transition to a loud input. The AGC then adjusts slowly.
You can also set Max gain somewhere in between.
www.diskonektedmusic.com

RFU

Filip83

www.diskonektedmusic.com

DJ Garybaldy

Can I ask if its Windows 7 or Windows 10 you have this working on?

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Filip83

I use it on W10 but I'm pretty sure I have also used it on W7. It's only a .dll file so it's not a big deal, If it doesn't work for some reason. Tho like I said I never had any problems.
www.diskonektedmusic.com