• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Audio Processing and Some Questions

Started by Ken, April 15, 2017, 07:48:31 PM

RFU

Гордий бути українцем, Ми - Радіо Вільної України.

country101

OK the dll file needs to go in the DSP plugin folder for those who dont know or could not follow what was going on. I was confused as all get out but then I found the answer in another thread that helped. I have it running on my rock station with the soft +4 AGC but I would like a bit more bass to it. I think it sounds good though. https://bogo1.bgstreams.com:5150/asylumrock2 for those who want to listen or you can listen at the same URL with asylumrock minus the 2 at the end.

Quote from: Filip83 on May 11, 2017, 05:17:57 PM
I am using without any problems whatsoever on W10. The download link still works: https://support.xmplay.com/files_view.php?file_id=8

I like it because as an audio engineer I understand the way it operates. Contrary to the overly complicated interface that Stereo tool uses.
Of course in both applications the presets are complete trash. I was able to make decent presets in both applications. Ultimately I choose to keep using Sound solution, since the UI makes more sense to me.

As for the installation: Are you able to find dsp_ss131b.dll file?
This file should be placed in: \RadioDJ\Plugins\

I'm pretty sure you can simply copy it over. I think that is all you need. The preset files for Sound solution shall be placed in: \RadioDJ\

That's all. Then you only need to start the plug in in RDJ using the DSP plug in. I have also added the DSP plug in to the quick access buttons on the bottom of the RDJ UI. If you have any problems or questions feel free to ask.

I have added the slightly updated presets I use in the attachment.

• Use the [ + ] [ - ] to move to the preset you want to use, then press load.
  • The left box with name tells you your current preset in use and the name box on the right will show you what preset is selected for loading or if you want to save a new preset to the position.
  • You can also see the [ 0 ] between the above boxes. This represents the preset position. Preset 0 = ss0.dat file.

Preset:

• +4 limits the amount of the AGC and is the most transparent version, however it may not boost some quiet songs enough. (classical music, quiet recordings)
  • +4 AGC doesn't limit the the AGC and will boost the sound as much as needed. High amplitude transitions might be "bumpy" but it's generally just fine.

The emphasis with these presets is on transparency and control over the loudness of the output.
The presets will slightly enhance "clarity" and the stereo image. The compression and limiting is spread through all stages to reduce pumping and unnecessary artifacts.

Optionally you can use the Overdrive slider to make the sound louder and slightly "warmer", but note that it will also drive the components more. Use with caution. I personally don't use this option, but it's fine at low values (2dB).

GL

Filip83

You may be able to add some bass with bass eq. Just add some gain (few dB), but be careful! You can also lower the eq frequency, but I wouldn't suggest to go lower than 60Hz. I found I liked 105Hz the most personally. It's also worth noting that small speakers (5") can't really reproduce frequencies below ~80Hz. It's very likely that the majority of listeners have relatively small *******. :)

Another option is to amp up the "band gain" for the low frequency band in the multi band compressor (seen on picture). Make sure that you select "cfg" (bottom one) + Compressor (as in picture) and then up the "Band gain slightly".

In either case I wouldn't recommend boosting for more than 3dB, but that is a matter of preference. Ideally you want the various stages to show activity, but not too much. The key is moderation. Instead of aggressively use one stage we use multiple stages slightly, to achieve the same effect.
www.diskonektedmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/diskonekted

country101

Not sure if I am following you but I am looking at your ideas for some things. I want to just drop in some more low end but not to much if you think it is there let me know where you think I could.

Quote from: Filip83 on May 24, 2017, 12:31:22 AM
You may be able to add some bass with bass eq. Just add some gain (few dB), but be careful! You can also lower the eq frequency, but I wouldn't suggest to go lower than 60Hz. I found I liked 105Hz the most personally. It's also worth noting that small speakers (5") can't really reproduce frequencies below ~80Hz. It's very likely that the majority of listeners have relatively small *******. :)

Another option is to amp up the "band gain" for the low frequency band in the multi band compressor (seen on picture). Make sure that you select "cfg" (bottom one) + Compressor (as in picture) and then up the "Band gain slightly".

In either case I wouldn't recommend boosting for more than 3dB, but that is a matter of preference. Ideally you want the various stages to show activity, but not too much. The key is moderation. Instead of aggressively use one stage we use multiple stages slightly, to achieve the same effect.

djclewes

says needs winamp wrapper download. i select yes and it fails and i cant find a way to download it even after installing winamp.  windows 7
Owner of South Lanarkshire

RFU

You need the Winamp DSP plugin, not Winamp

ricky

i use the radiodj processing with breakaway on magnifying glass
http://51.255.69.2:8006/stream

RFU

Quote from: djclewes on January 14, 2020, 12:34:44 PM
says needs winamp wrapper download. i select yes and it fails and i cant find a way to download it even after installing winamp.  windows 7

And, by the way, this does not work on the new Radiodj version. Only 1.8.2

FreerunMedia

Correct and if you still want to use Stereotool or any other sound processing, install a standalone. There are stream apps that can handle plugins though.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

RFU

stream apps are not going to handle radiodj 1.8.2 plugins

DJ Garybaldy

I don't know why anyone would external sound processing when the RadioDJ audio processing is setup correctly everything sounds great.
#JustSaying
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

FreerunMedia

Quote from: RFU on January 16, 2020, 03:12:54 PM
stream apps are not going to handle radiodj 1.8.2 plugins

Not realy, i know that there is a stream app that can handle plugins. Ik think it was restreamer or something like that. You can put the stereotool "winamp" plugin into a folder and it starts automatically when the stream app starts. So there are apps that can handle plugins.

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on January 16, 2020, 03:50:41 PM
I don't know why anyone would external sound processing when the RadioDJ audio processing is setup correctly everything sounds great.
#JustSaying

Also true but some want to have a little more control over the way the music is processed. Personally i wanted to get a simular sound like NPO Radio 2 in the Netherlands. It sounds clean and not that hard processed. In my case it was in some casea not working like i wanted to. So i wanted to have more control. But you are right, for some people it could be more than sufficient to work with.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )