Author Topic: Radio Dj Mute Button  (Read 3823 times)

TeddysMediaRadio

• New User

Re: Radio Dj Mute Button
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:30 PM »
You should never have to download a program to mute your stream to your speakers that should be built into the program.

Filip83

• www.diskonektedmusic.com
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 09:21:23 PM »
Then don't.
www.diskonektedmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/diskonekted

neutralhills

• Personal Text
    Nil sine labore.
    • squirrel.fm
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 01:27:16 AM »
You should never have to download a program to mute your stream to your speakers that should be built into the program

Your computer keyboard doesn't have a mute button on it?!? Pretty hard to find a desktop or laptop keyboard that doesn't have a mute option somewhere. Here's my preferred keyboard:

https://www.amazon.ca/Microsoft-Wired-Keyboard-600-English/dp/B001R0GX1M/

Because our school/community station runs on a budget (or lack thereof), I hacked together an ultra-cheap solution that provides a standard mute button for everyone using a standard keypad and a free program. This way I don't have to train 30 different people on 30 different keyboards -- just give them a cheapie control pad.

Also worth pointing out that RDJ is designed to be a professional solution. That means it is used with professional mixing consoles costing many thousands of dollars that provide this functionality. Building it into the program is likely redundant.
Squirrel FM : Always playing with our nuts!
www.squirrel.fm
Studio systems running RadioDJ & Rivendell (occasional only)
Flow 8 Deck & PlayIt Cartwall for live mixing and assist.
Remote systems running RadioDJ
Pioneer DDJ-SX control surface.

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »
You should never have to download a program to mute your stream to your speakers that should be built into the program.

Well i don't think you want to kill what you hear. Not many DJ's or radio technicians don't listen to what they broadcast. You need to monitor your stream otherwise your are doing a 14 hour show and not one second is on the stream. If that is what you want ok but i don't think any broadcaster want this.

If you want to get rid of the delay, just use the automation as the automation. 2 computers; number 1 automation and the second one for live assist. The automation switches between non stop and live, live is the mix board with the main out connected to the line in on the automation. This works fine with no problems.

Think about this; when you can't hear, can you hear what you are doing?
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

neutralhills

• Personal Text
    Nil sine labore.
    • squirrel.fm
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 02:27:24 PM »
Well i don't think you want to kill what you hear.

The exception being that you don't want to have your monitor speakers feed back into your open mic. That's why our setup kills the studio monitors, but leaves the audio running on the local headset when mics are open. Also, I hate hearing myself speak. :)
www.squirrel.fm

FreerunMedia

• Personal Text
    Proud user of RadioDJ
    • Radio 251 , Gewoon gezellig
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 04:37:54 PM »
The exception being that you don't want to have your monitor speakers feed back into your open mic. That's why our setup kills the studio monitors, but leaves the audio running on the local headset when mics are open. Also, I hate hearing myself speak. :)

:D Well eventually, you will hear yourself back again ;-) .... For killing the monitors, when i was in Lisbon i was at a local radio station. They worked with a PA mixer and also no monitor kill. They solved it with a little "switch box" that kills the signal to the amp and switched the red light on. You can do this with a double relay. One switching off the line inputs and the other relay switching the red lights.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

neutralhills

• Personal Text
    Nil sine labore.
    • squirrel.fm
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 03:00:26 PM »
Back when theparty.fm's wonderful studio tour was available on Youtube, they demoed this little beast:

http://www.bswusa.com/Consoles-Broadcast-Tools-MixerBuddy-P8243.aspx

It's made for use with non-professional mixing consoles and kills the local monitor when the mic is opened. I was considering buying one before I moved to VM Banana. Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the same with the used Audioarts R60 that just arrived -- it's a beast. Gonna need a bigger desk!
www.squirrel.fm