Frequently asked questions:
– Can i really use RadioDJ freely, even if I’m running a commercial station?
Yes, you can use our software even on your commercial radio station without any restriction.
– I cannot login to the program/I forgot the login details. What can i do?
The default login in RadioDJ is admin/admin, but if you changed the default password you cannot recover it, so it’s better to use a password that you will remember.
– What does AutoDJ function in RadioDJ?
If you setup a rotation and enable AutoDJ, RadioDJ will generate the playlist based on your rotation rules, so you don’t have to worry about making playlists all the time.
– What is the difference between Automated and Assisted?
When in Automated mode, RadioDJ will play all the files from the playlist. In Assisted mode, after each file, the player will stop. This can be useful when doing live shows.
– Windows 64 bit is supported by RadioDJ?
RadioDJ is a compiled as a native 32bit application, but it will work without any problems on Windows 64bit.
– Can i run multiple instances of RadioDJ?
Sure, but it may be a good idea to have them in different directories and to use separate databases.
– Why RadioDJ is using MySQL database?
It’s more like a personal choice that will allow us to make a (php) web interface for requests, stats, reports etc.
– Is RadioDJ compatible with other database systems?
Beside MySQL, RadioDJ can use MariaDB, which is also the recommended system because is more lightweight when it comes about the resources.
– Shoutcast/Icecast streaming are available in RadioDJ?
Not directly. However, you can use third-party encoders to stream to your shoutcast/icecast server.
– I’m using events to add tracks to the top of the playlist, but they are added in reverse order, why is that?
Imagine event actions as commands. They are executed from top to bottom so if first action is telling to the program to put track A on top and the second action will tel to put the track B on top, that means that will be on top of track A also. Keep in mind this when adding tracks/playlist on top of the existing playlist using events.
– I cannot start the program. I have .NET Framework and MySQL correctly installed, but the program throws an error and quits.
It’s always a good idea to copy the error message. It will help me a lot to provide you a solution. However, in many cases such error was caused by Windows locales setting. As a test, please change your locales to English and try to start the program again, or try the solution provided to the previous question.
– How can i use an external mixer with RadioDJ?
Please read this article
– I requested help using the contact form, but i never got any answer! Shame on you!
Most of the support mails i receive have the solution on the forums, so please take 5 minutes and check the forums.
– Can i contact you for support issues?
We would really appreciate the use of the forums, because other users may have the same problem and it would be easier for them to find a quick answer for their problems.