Using this plugin, RadioDJ is able to export the playing track information outside of the program, using plain text file, by sending the information to a web page, or by using a serial connection.
In the first tab, named “Custom Title”, we can override the title that is sent. We can enter any text we want and on each track change the text will be sent as the title.
The second setting, is the global title “Text Encoding”. Make sure that you select the one which matches your character set. If not sure, use the computer default.
The File Export tab allows you to export the playing track information as a plain text file, that can be used by many stream encoders. For this, you will need to set the filename and path to the target text file that it will be written with the title information.
NOTE: Please make sure that the new path and file is writable by the program. Setting the path to a Program Files folder or to Windows is not recommended as they are usually protected!
- The Template File input allows you to select a custom format for the text file that it will be generated. For this, make sure that you are familiar with the stream variables. The variables list is located in “RadioDJ\Docs” folder.
- The Enable box, will enable the file export and each time a new track will start, the target file will be updated.
Using the Web Export section you can send the information to a web page, or to devices which accepts this kind of data.
- In the URL field you must specify the network/internet URL of the web page/device that will accept the information.
- In the Password field allows you to specify a password. If the field is disabled, clear the Custom Data field, and then you will be able to specify a password.
- The Custom Data allows you to override the auto title format (set in RadioDJ options/Stream Titles for each track format).
NOTE: When using auto title (no data, or “-” added to the Custom Data), the following parameters are sent to the target page/device:
- xpwd: with the password you’ve set as a value
- title: with the information you’ve set in RadioDJ options/Stream Titles for each track
type as a value.
- From the Method list you can select which method will be used to send the data: POST, GET or GET (CUSTOM). The difference between the GET and GET (CUSTOM) is that for GET (CUSTOM) the track information is appended right after the URL without using the “?” character.
A sample php script can be found in the “Docs\Now Playing Plugin Help\PHP Script”. It will work only with the auto title (no custom data). The “song_update.php” and “data.txt” must be uploaded to a web server (which supports php). You will need to set “data.txt” as writeable (777). For using this script, use the POST method in the Web Export settings.
NOTE: For security reasons, it is recommended to rename both files, just make sure that you make the changes also in “song_update.php”. Also you will need to change the password and make sure that in both places (RadioDJ > Now Playing plugin > Web Export tab and the “song_update.php”) the password is the same.
After uploading the files to your server and the php file is accesible from the web (try https://yourdomain.com/song_update.php) you will need to enter this address to the URL field of the plugin and check the enable box. Now, if you change the track the “data.txt” file will contain the playing track information and if you access https://yourdomain.com/song_update.php you should be able to see the played tracks, including the playing one.
Make sure that you customize the “song_update.php” file, by opening it in text editor.
The first lines are the customizable settings:
date_default_timezone_set(‘Europe/Bucharest’); //Change this to your time/zone
$datafile = “data.txt”; //How is named the txt file?
$lines2display = 3; //How many entries to display?
$pswd = “changeme”; //The password set in rdj options
After these changes, you can include this file to your web page by simply using the code (the php file must be in the same folder as your website pages and your page must have .php extension):
The Serial Export is self explanatory and in order to use it, you will need to consult your device’s manual to make sure that you correctly use the settings.
- In the Template File field, you must specify a template that will be used to export the data. It can be in plain text or xml format.