• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Input Plugin

Started by Frank, October 21, 2017, 10:48:15 PM

Frank

Hey Guys, I need a way to get live audio into RadioDJ. We are using this software on a LPFM station in the US. We use a satellite feed on our station and need to be able to run local prerecorded programing without being here all the time (this is why we can't use a mixer).

Thanks, Frank

FreerunMedia

Quote from: Frank on October 21, 2017, 10:48:15 PM
Hey Guys, I need a way to get live audio into RadioDJ. We are using this software on a LPFM station in the US. We use a satellite feed on our station and need to be able to run local prerecorded programing without being here all the time (this is why we can't use a mixer).

Thanks, Frank

Just make sure you have an FTP upload option, transfer the pre-recorded files to the RadioDJ location. Keep it the same name so you overwrite the file each time and use the events to load the file. I tried the "newest from folder" option but it didn;t work so this way is the next best thing. You only need to load the file as a "Variable Duration File" into the database, that way it can be overwriten without importing the file again and again.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Frank

QuoteJust make sure you have an FTP upload option, transfer the pre-recorded files to the RadioDJ location. Keep it the same name so you overwrite the file each time and use the events to load the file. I tried the "newest from folder" option but it didn;t work so this way is the next best thing. You only need to load the file as a "Variable Duration File" into the database, that way it can be overwriten without importing the file again and again.

I need to be able to run a live feed thru the computer from the satellite and need to cut the feed from the satellite with radiodj (we are getting 3abn radio from the G-19 satellite). The feed is live, not prerecorded.

FreerunMedia

Quote from: Frank on October 21, 2017, 10:48:15 PM

Thanks, Frank

That states that you need to play a pre-recorded program. Now you are talking about a live program coming through satelite. The option for that is put the receiving end on the line input of the computer, switch de line input on through an event and you're ready to go.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )