• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.1.5 BETA Released!

Started by Marius, December 19, 2018, 04:25:04 PM

Marius

Time for the last release of the year. I want to wish everybody happy holidays and thank all our users and forum members making up our awesome community. We had a great year with a lot of accomplishments and i'm looking forward to see all the great stuff 2019 will bring.

Cheers!

Chages List:

- Fixed rotation editor bug which caused the deleted items to appear again (when using the keyboard delete key) [FIXED];
- Improved the database procedure code for AutoDJ;
- Minor bug fixes;

No database changes since latest beta, but if for any reason you see that tracks with diacritics are not correctly updated when they are played, you can try to update the database procedure. The new version sql file an be found in 2.0.1.4 topic.

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

DJ Garybaldy

Thanks Marius I'll do some testing over Christmas where possible.

I'll be off the Forums until the New year after this week...  My sanity demands I take a break from everything for a while  :bash:

Happy Christmas and a HNY to the Forum regulars you make this place what it is (even if we don't always agree)

See you In Jan 2019

P.S: Just seen the new splash screen... Very festive! :hihi:
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

Lovely Christmas Present Marius. :cool:

Thank you for bringing us RadioDJ and to all the helpful mods, DJ GaryBaldy, Jhonny, and everyone on the forums.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy & Prosperous 2019!

Cheers.
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Eddy73

In het Nederlands : zalig kerstfeest en gelukkig nieuwjaar,Bedankt Marius en Radiodjs

wmena

I have an interesting issue.  And I've noticed it on Beta 14 and 15.  Have not tested on any other version. 

I have one song that when played, will not have its corresponding song table record data updated (dates, Count_played... etc).   I noticed the issue because I had one particular song that seemed to get played often.

So, using the search box up, I queried up 7 songs... one of them being the song with the problem.  One by one I drag them to the playlist, then play them.  Each one... as soon as play gets executed, gets their table data updated... except for this one song... "The Beatles - When I'm Sixty-Four".

Any ideas what might be causing it?  I deleted the song from the track manager and re-added it, but still nothing.  No errors in the error logs.

***** UPDATE *****

I found the root cause.  All of the songs that are problematic have a dash in the title.  But not a regular dash like this one:  '-' (which is hex 2d), but instead... this one '‐' (which is hex e28090).  That latter tag was obtained through ID3 tagging.

Try it yourself.  Add the second dash above to the end of one of your song titles and you'll see that any plays of that song will not update the database.

For now... this query fixed my data

update songs
set title = REPLACE(title,'‐','-')
where title like '%‐%'

I'm not sure yet if any other field in the songs table are affected by this issue.

***** UPDATE 2 *****

The issue seems to be related to Character Set / Collation. 
I followed DJ Gary's install docs for MariaDB:  https://djgarybaldy.co.uk/maria-db-radiodj/

But... if you don't checkmark "Use UTF8 as server's default character set", then it installs as "latin1_swedish_ci".. which I understand is a single-byte character set.

I reinstalled MariaSQL using UTF8 and restored my data... everything seems to work now.

plauri

Thanks Marius, happy holidays to you too  :ok:
We have now time to test. I made a fresh new database, testing with v2.0.1.5 and I'll report in few days.
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

wmena

I'm still having trouble with duplicates loading in my playlist using an SQL Rotation. 

Specifically, dups show up any time I "CLEAR" the playlist queue, or run an event with a "Clear Playlist" command.  As the dup songs play, a new one is added to the playlist queue, this time different than what was already in there.

For testing purposes, I have 1 line in my rotation that runs the following SQL:

SELECT songs.ID, songs.artist,songs.title, queuelist.artist
FROM songs
LEFT JOIN queuelist ON ( songs.artist = queuelist.artist)
WHERE songs.id_subcat = 34
      AND songs.enabled = 1
      AND (MONTH(CURDATE()) = 12)
      AND (DAY(CURDATE()) >= 6)
      AND (DAY(CURDATE()) <= 31)
      AND $ForceRepeatRules$
      AND queuelist.artist IS NULL
ORDER BY date(artist_played),date(date_played),count_played LIMIT 1;

As an alternative, I've tried this also (replacing the LEFT JOIN) with a subselect

SELECT songs.ID, songs.artist, songs.title
FROM songs
WHERE songs.id_subcat = 34
      AND songs.enabled = 1
      AND (MONTH(CURDATE()) = 12)
      AND (DAY(CURDATE()) >= 6)
      AND (DAY(CURDATE()) <= 31)
      AND $ForceRepeatRules$
      AND songs.artist not in (select artist from queuelist)
ORDER BY date(artist_played), date(date_played), count_played LIMIT 1;

I don't think that query is the problem, as the rotation works fine when I let it run. 

Thoughts?

*** UPDATE ***

I continued testing this.  The query works when testing.  And it works as RadioDJ is running. But, if I do a button "CLEAR" or a "Clear Playlist", the query does not work.
It almost seems like the queuelist table is not updated during a clear.... so duplicate songs show up. 

Rob Ashcroft

Thanks Marius.

Happy Christmas.  Summer sun, BBQs, and swimming for us here in New Zealand!
http://radiokps.nz

blackbird

Thanks for all your hard work, Marius.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Music Box

Hi, I'm running radiodj v. 2015 for several days and plays without problems.
Marius, thank you for this Christmas present you gave us, I wish you and everyone in the forum a peaceful and happy Christmas.

Jhonny

R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

plauri

Several days v2.0.1.5 is playing non stop on a Win10 machine, with a new fresh db where I imported about 2300 tracks and some Jingles. I created two new rotations a News event and a SayTime event and they all work like a charm without issues.  :cool: Of course I didn't set intros and teasers, for that I will wait untill it will be possible and safe to import the old db from v1.8.2...
Funky Corner Radio
Radiodj v.2.0.4.5 (Windows 10)
http://www.funkycorner.radio
https://www.funkycorner.it
http://www.radiofunkycorner.com

Brodephat

I have a few RadioDJ's playing but only one is v2.0.1.5 the others are v2.0.0.7 so it's kinda hard to know what instance these errors belong to. But looking at times the song played and the time the error occured I can pin point which it is.

This is happening on the 2.0.1.5 version:

Database Insert Error: Unknown column 'ETA' in 'field list' (TRUNCATE `queuelist`; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '36715',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 135.4833125 SECOND, duration = 230.007256235828, `artist` = 'Raymond & Kim',`title` = 'Every Christmas With You',`album` = 'Every Christmas With You (Single)'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '36713',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 365.490568735827 SECOND, duration = 210.64525, `artist` = 'Larry Graig',`title` = 'No Greater Love',`album` = 'No Gretaer Love'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '34931',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 576.135818735828 SECOND, duration = 266.071451247165, `artist` = 'Timika Peterson, Few Chosen & Stereo',`title` = 'I\'ve Got A Feelin (Mommy\'s Song)',`album` = 'I Gotta Feelin\' (Mommy\'s Song) Single'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '11013',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 842.207269982993 SECOND, duration = 171.0833125, `artist` = 'Mandisa',`title` = 'What Christmas Means To Me',`album` = 'It\'s Christmas'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '11013',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 1013.29058248299 SECOND, duration = 171.0833125, `artist` = 'Mandisa',`title` = 'What Christmas Means To Me',`album` = 'It\'s Christmas'; )

Here is the queue/playlist with duplicate in it:

Database Insert Error: Unknown column 'ETA' in 'field list' (TRUNCATE `queuelist`; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '36713',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 230.007256235828 SECOND, duration = 210.64525, `artist` = 'Larry Graig',`title` = 'No Greater Love',`album` = 'No Gretaer Love'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '34931',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 440.652506235828 SECOND, duration = 266.071451247165, `artist` = 'Timika Peterson, Few Chosen & Stereo',`title` = 'I\'ve Got A Feelin (Mommy\'s Song)',`album` = 'I Gotta Feelin\' (Mommy\'s Song) Single'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '11013',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 706.723957482993 SECOND, duration = 171.0833125, `artist` = 'Mandisa',`title` = 'What Christmas Means To Me',`album` = 'It\'s Christmas'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '11013',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 877.807269982993 SECOND, duration = 171.0833125, `artist` = 'Mandisa',`title` = 'What Christmas Means To Me',`album` = 'It\'s Christmas'; )
"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

Calypso

Quote from: Brodephat on December 25, 2018, 10:47:28 AM
I have a few RadioDJ's playing but only one is v2.0.1.5 the others are v2.0.0.7 so it's kinda hard to know what instance these errors belong to. But looking at times the song played and the time the error occured I can pin point which it is.

This is happening on the 2.0.1.5 version:

Database Insert Error: Unknown column 'ETA' in 'field list' (TRUNCATE `queuelist`; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '36715',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 135.4833125 SECOND, duration = 230.007256235828, `artist` = 'Raymond & Kim',`title` = 'Every Christmas With You',`album` = 'Every Christmas With You (Single)'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '36713',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 365.490568735827 SECOND, duration = 210.64525, `artist` = 'Larry Graig',`title` = 'No Greater Love',`album` = 'No Gretaer Love'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '34931',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 576.135818735828 SECOND, duration = 266.071451247165, `artist` = 'Timika Peterson, Few Chosen & Stereo',`title` = 'I\'ve Got A Feelin (Mommy\'s Song)',`album` = 'I Gotta Feelin\' (Mommy\'s Song) Single'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '11013',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 842.207269982993 SECOND, duration = 171.0833125, `artist` = 'Mandisa',`title` = 'What Christmas Means To Me',`album` = 'It\'s Christmas'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '11013',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 1013.29058248299 SECOND, duration = 171.0833125, `artist` = 'Mandisa',`title` = 'What Christmas Means To Me',`album` = 'It\'s Christmas'; )

Here is the queue/playlist with duplicate in it:

Database Insert Error: Unknown column 'ETA' in 'field list' (TRUNCATE `queuelist`; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '36713',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 230.007256235828 SECOND, duration = 210.64525, `artist` = 'Larry Graig',`title` = 'No Greater Love',`album` = 'No Gretaer Love'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '34931',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 440.652506235828 SECOND, duration = 266.071451247165, `artist` = 'Timika Peterson, Few Chosen & Stereo',`title` = 'I\'ve Got A Feelin (Mommy\'s Song)',`album` = 'I Gotta Feelin\' (Mommy\'s Song) Single'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '11013',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 706.723957482993 SECOND, duration = 171.0833125, `artist` = 'Mandisa',`title` = 'What Christmas Means To Me',`album` = 'It\'s Christmas'; INSERT INTO `queuelist` SET `songID` = '11013',ETA = NOW() + INTERVAL 877.807269982993 SECOND, duration = 171.0833125, `artist` = 'Mandisa',`title` = 'What Christmas Means To Me',`album` = 'It\'s Christmas'; )

It appears that you didn't upgrade the database on the 2.0.1.5; the ETA field was recently added. That also explains the "double entries" in the playlist (track is placed in playlist, not in queuelist table, with next track queuelist is checked but the just added track is not found); I've had similar experience today because of another (vaguely related) issue.

My "production" machine is running 2.0.0.6, while my "working" machine is running 2.0.1.5. I've upgraded the database for that (shared database) and that normally shouldn't be a problem. HOWEVER there are 2 fields added in the queuelist (title and album) that gave me also a "double entries in the playlist" problem.

What happens is that the production machine (again: 2.0.0.6) tries to insert entries into the queuelist but it gets an error back because it can't insert them, since there weren't default values for the "title" and "album" fields. Since 2.0.0.6 doesn't have knowledge of these fields, the insert statement is without values for them, and MySQL refuses to insert lines without default values for "title" or "album". This could the cause of (some of) the other reports of double entries on the forum.

What you should do if you experience double entries in your playlist is check your eventlog and your queuelist table. If there are no entries in the queuelist table (or your eventlog is running full of "cannot insert or truncate queuelist" kind of messages) - it may be related to this.

For me, it was easily solved by giving both title and album fields in the queuelist table a default value (in my case I used "NULL").

Brodephat

Thanks for the info.

It seems a more step by step approach is needed to help many understand the proper way to do an update.

Many like myself will be using the database from a previous version.

Should we use a fresh install, import the earlier database then do the up date?

or

Should we install over the current system and then do a database update?

UPDATE:

I saw that I have an UpdateTracks procedure and also an UpdateTracks2 procedure so I made the suggested changes (artist=@tArtist and the title=@tTitle to artist=tArtist and title=tTitle) under the UpdateTracks procedure and it seems to no longer load duplicates. Now I see the additional fields in the queuelist database.

"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com