• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

I want no overlap. Everything to end when it ends. How?

Started by btthevoice, June 21, 2019, 08:05:19 AM

btthevoice

I've messed with a number of settings that I thought might do this but without luck.
My format sounds much better if there is NO OVERLAP of songs.
How (without having to adjust every song's characteristics individually) can I accomplish this?

Jhonny

I'm not that good at db.

You will have to repeat this a number of times.

use the track manager
with analyze
adjust the end db. (-28 don't know if it must be lower or higher)
select all tracks in the screen and click Analyze
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

btthevoice

While I appreciate the response, I really don't think "doctoring" the library contents is the right way to go here.
Something in the program is obviously deciding when to start the next song.
There must be a way to tell it to "wait for the complete end of the previous song".
That's the answer I'm hoping for.

FL Coast

Open the Tracks Manager.  To the Left of the tracks there will be a list of tools.  If you do not see this, look for the double arrows << in the left margin and click on them to open the Tools.

At the bottom of the Tools, you will see TRACK ANALYZER.  To achieve track total playout before the next track starts, change Next Start Level to -50 db and End Level to -55 db.  Left click on the track you wish to change and press ANALYZE and the press YES in the next dialog box.  This will allow the track to totally fade out before starting the next track.

If you wish to do multiple tracks at a time, do CTRL+Left Click to highlight the tracks you wish to change before clicking ANALYZE.

If you wish to do all tracks in the database, click ANALYZE and then click NO in the next box. This will change ALL tracks in the database, so be sure before you click.

If you wish this setting to be applied to future tracks as they are imported, click on the options wrench on the bottom right of the main screen, then Options, then the Auto DJ Tab.  Scroll all the way to the bottom to the Silence Remover section.  Change the Next Start Level to -50 db and End Level to -55 db.  Make sure the Active box is checked before closing.

The above numbers should allow the track to totally fade out, with maybe a little bit of silence before the next track starts.  If that is too much, adjust the Next Start Level to a lower negative number, such as -45.

Good Luck.
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

btthevoice

Worked !
Many thanks...
See you in Fla come January  :cool:

renelatour1972

Quote from: FL Coast on June 21, 2019, 05:02:36 PM
Open the Tracks Manager.  To the Left of the tracks there will be a list of tools.  If you do not see this, look for the double arrows << in the left margin and click on them to open the Tools.

At the bottom of the Tools, you will see TRACK ANALYZER.  To achieve track total playout before the next track starts, change Next Start Level to -50 db and End Level to -55 db.  Left click on the track you wish to change and press ANALYZE and the press YES in the next dialog box.  This will allow the track to totally fade out before starting the next track.

If you wish to do multiple tracks at a time, do CTRL+Left Click to highlight the tracks you wish to change before clicking ANALYZE.

If you wish to do all tracks in the database, click ANALYZE and then click NO in the next box. This will change ALL tracks in the database, so be sure before you click.

If you wish this setting to be applied to future tracks as they are imported, click on the options wrench on the bottom right of the main screen, then Options, then the Auto DJ Tab.  Scroll all the way to the bottom to the Silence Remover section.  Change the Next Start Level to -50 db and End Level to -55 db.  Make sure the Active box is checked before closing.

The above numbers should allow the track to totally fade out, with maybe a little bit of silence before the next track starts.  If that is too much, adjust the Next Start Level to a lower negative number, such as -45.

Good Luck.
sorry but i don't see the tools i have radio dj v1.8.2.0
www.rmasalerno.it
rma altri suoni!

FL Coast

Quote from: renelatour1972 on June 28, 2019, 08:37:29 AM
sorry but i don't see the tools i have radio dj v1.8.2.0

This type of BULK CHANGE was not available prior to version 2.0.XX.  You would have to change each track individually.
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010