• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v2.0.2.0 Beta Released!

Started by Marius, January 19, 2020, 05:40:19 PM

Marius

The latest beta is available to download!
It uses the same database schema as the previous beta release, so to update it, just replace the files with the new ones.

I strongly recommend to test the version first and if everything is fine, to put it in production, because i may missed some bugs in my tests.

PS: Some antivirus may continue to alert you, but it's a false positive. Sorry for that. Soon the application will be digitally signed and hopefully this will be history.
PPS: The version jumped a bit for internal reasons...  :D
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

DJ Garybaldy

Fandabidozi! Someone was only asking me about a new version earlier
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

Coffee is on and testing is about to commence. :cool:

Oops  Error Log:
QuoteDescription:
The program RadioDJ.exe version 2.0.2.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1b08
Start Time: 01d5cf061fc8fc4c
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\RadioDJv2020\RadioDJ.exe
Report Id: 44994476-d859-49b6-b9c3-1f3aafd22568
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Top level window is idle

Task Manager Pic attached with warning bit
Cheers Marius

[attachment deleted by admin]
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Marius

Hi Vanlen, i suppose it's a new setup, the application showed up, or the error came at startup?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Vanlen

Yes it was Marius,

Installed as usual with setting up Data Base all good and then ran RadioDJ.exe and then what happened above.

www.forestgreenradio.ca

martyuk1

I've installed the new version.  It's working fine with no problems so far, the only thing I have noticed is it seems to be a bit sticky sometimes "I.E locks the application up with selecting the database searching for tracks etc".  This is not interfering with playback just running a bit slower on my PC that previous beta.

Marius

@martyuk1 what database server are you using? MySQL or MariaDB?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

Chip Douglas Mosley

Are there any special steps I should use to upgrade from v2.0.1.6beta?

I have tried to run v2.0.2.0 on my Win10 computer using MariaDB but after I set up the data base, the new version tries to start, but I get the RDJ start up screen on my computer and it doesn't go any further.

I've been running v.2.0.1.6 on the same computer with no problems.

Thanks, Marius! I'm looking forward to getting the new beta up and running! :cool:
Chip Douglas Mosley
Jukebox 92.7 WEPQ
www.jukebox927.com
Radio DJ user since 2016, Live365 since 2019
Upgraded to v2.0.4.5 on January 25, 2024

Marius

Oh, i found the issue Chip. I forgot to disable the autodj at startup for the first start and behind the splash screen is displaying a warning that you don't have yet any rotation (since is a fresh install).
You can either try to press enter, or if it doesn't work, edit "settings_general.xml" and change this:

<Settings>
    <Key>AutoDJStart</Key>
    <Value>True</Value>
  </Settings>

to this:

<Settings>
    <Key>AutoDJStart</Key>
    <Value>False</Value>
  </Settings>

and restart the program.

PS: I updated the installer with the correct setting, so if you don't manage to change the setting manually, you can download and run again the installer. Just remove the old installation, because the installer is set to preserve your settings file, so it will not overwrite it.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

martyuk1

I'm using MySQL.

Is the latest version more tuned "get it" to MariaDB then?

Martin.

Quote from: Marius on January 20, 2020, 07:08:21 AM
@martyuk1 what database server are you using? MySQL or MariaDB?

Vanlen

Tnx Marius :cool:

The latest install works!!  Now to Play. :cool:

I uninstalled, removed leftover Folder from C Drive and then did FRESH Install and good so far.
Windows 10/64bit Build 1909 and MariaDB

Cheers
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Marius

Normally MySQL should be just fine, but there are plenty users saying that MariaDB is faster, especially after recent versions of MySQL.

Quote from: martyuk1 on January 20, 2020, 10:49:12 AM
I'm using MySQL.

Is the latest version more tuned "get it" to MariaDB then?

Martin.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

DJ Garybaldy

Been running overnight with no errors, Everything appears to be working as it should.

No showstoppers that I can see.

Hurrah it let me post after the 4th attempt!
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

Running test box with just over 3000 elements events/rotations/jingles/IDs etc.  So far so good.

Reset Play Count now working in Track Manager and from in a Manual event  :cool:

Change log shows you were very busy.   RadioDJ 2020 in 2020 Nice touch!

Thanks Marius ;)

www.forestgreenradio.ca

Music Box

Hi everyone, I'm testing the radiodj 2020 with windows 7 pro, maria db 10.2 (x64) and I found a problem with the TTS with Ivona's Brian voice. (Assuming that the settings are identical to version 2.0.0.6 where it sounds great). To hear the voice over a song I had to increase the volume to 200, which in version 2.0.0.6 is 10. Is there any new setting parameter? If so, can you tell me where it is?
Thank you.