• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Import folder, move files to specific folder

Started by gdekeijzer, September 26, 2011, 12:46:03 AM

gdekeijzer

The option to move imported files / music to a certain folder.

For my different rotations, i have folders that hold music.

Rather then to clear the contents of my 'category' i just want to add 5 files and move them to a permanent folder.

frode

This is an good idea, as it is today if i want to import many files its kinda hard to import them if i want to have them in one big folder for easyer keeping duplicates away.

RadioDJ should when importing files copy or move them to its special music directory folder that way adding many files becomes quite more easyer and managable.

It should have option to Copy or Move as me i like to have an backup of all files in my arcive.

/Frode

DJ_PeterPetersen

You can do that easily now already !
When i import a lot of files or tracks from compilation CD's, i import them to a seperate subcatagory titled [NEW ENTRIES].
After import i use the trackmanager left row items 'move tracks', to place them in their corerct cat/subcat, and 'change genre' to set correct genre when needed.
'The leftovers with wrong title conversion, because of the '-' import problem, i put in subcat '[Unedited]' to sort out when i have time some day...

frode

Shure but will that move the physical file on the c:\folder to c:\folder2 ? So all files gets into same big music archive?

packzap

No, it won't move the files.  So, after moving the tracks in Track Manager:

• Physically (or, "electronically" is probably a better word, after reading this thread again 8 years later ::) ) move the files from the "new entries" folder to whatever destination desired.  For example c:\folder2.
  • Then in RadioDj, run Tools, Verify tracks. It will discover the missing tracks that were just moved out of the "new entries" folder and disable them.
  • Run Tools, Relocate tracks and choose the folder where you just relocated the tracks to (c:\folder2). RadioDJ will adjust the database to point to the new physical location of those files.

Then sit back and enjoy a bourbon and cigar while listening to RadioDJ playing your June Christy toon.  8)

South Amboy TV

Thank you!
I knew there had to be a way to put the new stuff up without re-scanning the fairly large music folder.
This method works a treat.
--
Stan
(Another SAM renegade!)