• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

the upgrade was not successful

Started by Music Box, January 10, 2024, 05:19:11 PM

Music Box

Hello everyone, Marius thank you for the release of the new version.
I have updated from version 2.0.4.3 to version 2.0.4.4
Unfortunately the upgrade was not successful.
The installation is all ok, but when I do the Database Restore I get this error:

Completed with error(s)MySqlConnector.MySqlEXCEPTION(0X80004005): COLLACTION 'uft8mb3__general_ci'is not valid for CHARACTER SET' uft8mb4' at System.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Kiwi

Do not know if you have resolved this but...

I believe this may be caused by some past updates that have retained the COLLACTION 'uft8mb3__general_ci' process in your 2.0.4..3 database. RadioDJ now uses the 'uft8mb4__unicode_ci' COLLATION. At least that is what my 2.0.4.3 and 2.0.4.4 database have.

You can change the COLLATION via the Heidi database program using the Tools menu. Tools/Maintenance/Bulk Table Editor/Change Default Collation

I have not tried this as I have no need. If you wish to try, please ensure you back up the 2.0.4.3 Database before trying this procedure.

Others may have a different opinion and hopefully will contribute to this thread.

All the Best.

Music Box

Hi Kiwi, today I tried your advice and.... it worked. I thank you immensely, without your help I would still be breaking my head, for this I say 1000 thanks once again. :ok:  :ok:

solorize

Also, I would like to extend my thanks to Kiwi, for posting the above information.

As I too was getting the same database error when I upgraded and your advice has
also fixed it for me.  :ok: Saving me possibly a lot of time and frustration.

ignitenz

Nope didn't work for me.

Seems that when you choose uft8mb4_unicode_ci and hit update, it doesn't update. Please check the attached pics.

1: Updated, or so it says.
2: Relaunched tools dialog. Not updated.

Is there another save button somewhere that I'm missing? Why have an update button which doesn't, well, update?

Cheers.

2043 still working though. Installed 2044 to a different directory and db. Whew!
RadioDJ 2.0.4.3 | MariaDB 11.2 | StereoTool 9.92 | MBRecaster 5.0.1.2.
StereoTool preset: EXCIT.D for Web.

Kiwi

From what I see in the attached pcs, you appear not to be ticking the "Change Default Collation" box. Tick this then change the collation to  'uft8mb4__unicode_ci'. The update button should then be highlighted, then click on update.

Hope this helps...

Marius

Hey @ignitenz can you please send me a copy of your database backup? I will try to manually update it to the new version.
Upload it somewhere and send me the link if you want.

LATER EDIT: Can you please open your database backup file in notepad (or even better in notepad++) and search for "utf8mb3" string.
I found an older backup in which for some reason the "settings" table was set to utf8mb3 instead on utf8mb4, like here:

Quote-- Dumping structure for table radiodj204.settings
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `settings`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `settings` (
  `source` varchar(150) NOT NULL,
  `setting` varchar(150) NOT NULL,
  `value` varchar(250) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb3 COLLATE=utf8mb3_unicode_ci;

Changing to this should fix it:

Quote-- Dumping structure for table radiodj204.settings
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `settings`;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `settings` (
  `source` varchar(150) NOT NULL,
  `setting` varchar(150) NOT NULL,
  `value` varchar(250) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci;

Now you should be able to run restore this backup file without errors.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.