• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

[PLUGIN] Web browser

Started by Dalichisan, November 29, 2012, 12:00:20 AM

Dalichisan

Hello everyone !
First of, huge congratulations to Marius. RadioDJ is a great software and has a lot of potential !

I'm really excited about the plugins architecture. So excited that using some *COUGH COUGH* retro-engineering *COUGH COUGH* on the PluginInterface.dll file and plugins, I was able to understand how the plugins architecture works.
And then, I made a Web browser plugin.
I think the next releases of RadioDJ will include such a plugin. For now, my plugin is a "test".

How it looks like: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2crrqcp&s=6

The plugin file is attached to this post. Put it in your RadioDJ folder. There is no config window, for now the web browser stays in zone 2.
Tested with v0.1.6.1 BETA 3.

[attachment deleted by admin]

monkeypigs

Great plugin!

Quick tech question, is this browser based on XYZ (eg does it require the user to have a specific browser ((methinks firefox?)) installed?)

Dalichisan

I use the WebBrowser .NET class, so the browser engine is that of Internet Explorer.

SnowHow

Quote from: Dalichisan on November 29, 2012, 12:00:20 AM
I'm really excited about the plugins architecture. So excited that using some *COUGH COUGH* retro-engineering *COUGH COUGH* on the PluginInterface.dll file and plugins, I was able to understand how the plugins architecture works.
And then, I made a Web browser plugin.
I think the next releases of RadioDJ will include such a plugin. For now, my plugin is a "test".

I am now officially impressed. Very clever.

J-

704djs

Quote from: bogointeractive on November 29, 2012, 05:31:02 AM
Does not show in beta 4 as of yet. so keep working on it. :)

we got it to work in beta 4 and it running smooth as of now
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

Marius

Wow, nice job!  ;D
Now, i must prepare to go at work, but in the evening, if some of you want, i can publish plugininterface.dll code with some comments and why not, the source code for a working plugin.
I don't have a documentation for this, but i will answer to any questions.
PS: In build 4 is not working because the assembly needs to be signed with a strong name key file, but i will remove this in next release.
PS2: i have this plugin too, but i never released because the IE control, never released the memory used and with every loaded page the memory kept rising. I did not found a solution for this, just a lot of people asking for a fix.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

SnowHow

Quote from: Marius on November 29, 2012, 06:17:51 AM
Wow, nice job!  ;D
Now, i must prepare to go at work, but in the evening, if some of you want, i can publish plugininterface.dll code with some comments and why not, the source code for a working plugin.
I don't have a documentation for this, but i will answer to any questions.

That would be great!  ;D That's kinda what I've been waiting on to write my own plugin, but I didn't wanna bug you until RDJ was out of beta.

@Dalichisan
I don't give praise often, but I agree with Marius, that was very creative and very clever.

J-

Dalichisan

Thanks a lot !
I'll try to write something about plugin development on the Wiki during spare time.
About WebBrowser's memory leak, I'll see about changing the browser engine used by the plugin.

Marius

In the downloads i published the source-code for PluginInterface.dll
Currently i'm modifying Playlist Builder and this weekend i will publish a new build and the source code for that plugin.
I think that Playlist Builder covers a large number of functions and can be a good start point.

PS: here is the source code for my test version of webbrowser  :hihi:

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Dalichisan

Thank you Marius. The PluginInterface source code is a good documentation  ! ;)
For people familiar with / preferring C#, here is the source code of my WebBrowser plugin.

EDIT: I'm working on a Winamp DSP host plugin for RadioDJ !

shorty.xs

I have tested the Webbrowser Plugin with the lates 1.6.4.4 RC4 and I discoverd, a few little problems.
I can not set the default webpage and it seems the history List file is stored in the wrong folder.

Cheers
Malte

704djs

I'm on air will check it out later
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

shorty.xs

Will the plugin also work on RadioDJ 1.7.x?

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: shorty.xs on August 12, 2014, 12:48:41 PM
Will the plugin also work on RadioDJ 1.7.x?

It's not in the Disabled Plugins folder so my guess is  It doesn't look like Marius is supplying it anymore.

The web browser plugin was originally made for the 1.6.x.x early versions.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

shorty.xs

Yes I noticed it's gone. Would be great to have it back.