• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Not sure if this is a bug - or system ?

Started by Simon West, March 23, 2013, 04:23:24 PM

Simon West

I have RDJ 1.6.2.4 running fine with working plugins Say Time, Web browser on Win XP Pro  this is a test setup and some of our potential new presenters play with it to learn.
Yesterday I had a call to say that RDJ had stopped and the screen went white, the PC was restarted and RDJ working fine again - I had a call again today with same thing, But it was the same person using it, I asked him what he was doing when it stopped:-   RDJ was in full automation and he was repeatedly clicking on the stop button and then a plalist start button.    So I tried it and after a dozen stop/starts it failed.   Obviously this action would not normally be done.  Go on give a try LOL
You wouldent need to do everything yourself - if you trusted people!

SnowHow

What you are describing sounds more like a .Net threading conflict, not a RDJ problem. Sometimes .Net threads don't terminate as quickly as they should and will cause a program hang. A C++ proggy can handle that kind of action because it compiles directly into machine code and is more responsive. Just teach this person the correct way to operate RDJ and it shouldn't be an issue.

J-

Simon West

Yes SnowHow - fully agree, I have explained to staff.   Just thought I would mention it so others will be aware, RDJ is now so good, I love it!
You wouldent need to do everything yourself - if you trusted people!

Marius

Also, if using keyboard shortcuts (like play next), be aware that if keeping a key pressed for long time, the keyboard will send the command repeatedly.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.