• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

The road to recovery

Started by SnowHow, April 01, 2014, 01:40:23 AM

SnowHow

Forum regulars may have noticed I have been conspicuously absent the past month or so. The truth is I fell ill.

Without going into gory detail, it started out as the flu but turned into pneumonia and landed me in the hospital for the better part of the month. This was an eye opening experience. It's amazing how such a small microbe can slam someone on their (@$$) and turn their whole world upside down.

I'm recovering at home now and I have a different perspective on life than I did before. I no longer get upset with little things and and take my time. We sometimes get caught up in our own bubbles and take life for granted. It took an illness to make me rethink my priorities.

If you can't remember the last time you spoke to your parents, it's time to pick up the phone. Drop by your children's house and annoy them (  :hihi: ). Stop talking about going fishing, grab the pole and just go. Don't let life pass you by. Go out and live it.

So the next time something goes wrong at the station, or the ISP shuts you down because of utility work or the DJ doesn't show up, or whatever, don't sweat it. It could be worse. I found that out the hard way.

Most of all, just have FUN and

Happy Broadcasting!  ;D

J-

704djs

glad you made it threw snowhow peace and blessing to you
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

DJ Garybaldy

Just take things easy J rest up and get well soon.

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

Good to hear that you are on the mend SnowHow.  Yep, life IS too short for petty stressed out things so enjoy and thrive in every moment. 

Cheers

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Jhonny

hi SnowHow,
A few years ago, exactly the same happened to me.
As you write, the conclusion is, live your life the way you want, you'll live longer.

Greetings and speedy recovery
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Tman

Snowhow get well, take uour time.  :ok:
I know everything about it, had a myocardial infarction not so long ago and i am only 38 years of age.

take it easy, slow and recover well. :ok:

We are here to broadcast where ever you are where every way you go!  ;)
Life is what you make it

SnowHow

Quote from: Tman on April 05, 2014, 12:21:44 PM

I know everything about it, had a myocardial infarction not so long ago and i am only 38 years of age.

WOW!   :o

I think I should be telling YOU to take it easy!  :huh:

Thanks for the kind words and best wishes.  :angel:

J-

bazclack

I was very fortunate to have a great job travelling around and working loads but that doesn't make a happy life. You've hit home a hell of a lot of points above that  your illness has made you re-access. Having also had pneumonia (its surprising how many people do have it and don't realise) it makes you look at everything in a different light. Have the flu jab every winter (if you're UK based) and enjoy the good things and try to forget the rubbish! Take Care.
Witney Radio 99.9FM, 105.3FM & 107.4FM & online @ www.witney.radio

Tman

QuoteWOW! :o I think I should be telling YOU to take it easy!  :huh:
Thanks for the kind words and best wishes.

I know, so ill take it easy too.. and for me no  8) annymore

it's my hobby that take my joy in life at this time, so Marius is my healer  ??? :LOL:

Life is what you make it

thebigmg

I sympathize, I was taken into hospital about six weeks ago. Thankfully I only stayed a week but it was enough. On the 4th day I was driving myself crazy! Get well soon!

DJ Garybaldy

Just thought i would post an update just to let you know how I'm doing re the depression.

Things are slowly coming back to where they should be. New medication seems to be working rather well. Still not completely there still got my shot sleep patterns to fix before I'll be anywhere near right.

Having this forum to log onto each day is about the only thing keeping me sane. Knowing I'm at least trying to help someone.

Has anyone ever said the members of this forum ROCK?? There i have now!!

Now back to fiddling with RadioDJ .... Coffee first though.  :hihi:

Thank you!!
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

creativegroup

Great to hear you are getting there Gary :ok:

Thank you as well for all your help! I love our little community on here, it's great.

:D

linawebradio

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on May 22, 2014, 05:20:19 PM
Having this forum to log onto each day is about the only thing keeping me sane. Knowing I'm at least trying to help someone.

Has anyone ever said the members of this forum ROCK?? There i have now!!

Now back to fiddling with RadioDJ .... Coffee first though.  :hihi:

Thank you!!
Love to hear you well and solid as a rock! And love to hear that all of we are your best medicines!
www.linawebradio.it
La tua Social Radio!