• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

New plugin request (paid)

Started by rogiermaas, May 09, 2014, 12:54:26 AM

rogiermaas

Hi developers,

Perhaps you know of Dalet or OmniPlayer who has a feature that plays [n] snippets of tracks in the queue just before an event (i.e. TOTH). It sounds/looks something like this:

Play Song #1
Sound: "These hits are waiting for you:"
Sound: Play Song #2 from Cue IN to Cue OUT
Sound: [Seperator1]
Sound: Play Song #3 from Cue IN to Cue OUT
Sound: [Seperator1]
Sound: Play Song #4 from Cue IN to Cue OUT
Sound: [Seperator2]
Sound: "Right after these messages"
TOTH (commercials, news, etc)
Play Song #2

Expanding on this:

*Playing Song #1
Playlist Event: "PlaySnippets"
- Insert Track to Top [RightAfterThis]
- Get next three tracks in Queue of Type 'Music'
- Insert Track #3 to Top, play from Cue IN to Cue OUT
- Insert SoundEffect [UserDefinableSeperator]
- Insert Track #2 to Top, play from Cue IN to Cue OUT
- Insert SoundEffect [UserDefinableSeperator]
- Insert Track #1 to Top, play from Cue IN to Cue OUT
- Insert Track to Top [TheseHitsAreWaiting]
End

For Cue-points, you could use the Loop In and Loop Out points; perhaps Marius could make more Cue-points "Snippet IN" and "Snippet OUT" (officially, they're called 'Hook Cue-points', so 'Hook IN' and 'Hook OUT') or some User Definable Cue Points..

Letting RadioDJ play the tracks from Cue IN to Cue OUT could pose the biggest problem, so unless Marius makes this hard-coded, it would be mandatory to create 3 seperate wav- or mp3-files containing the short snippets of the 3 waiting tracks, inserting them into the queue (or compile them into one track and play them in an AUX-player) and playing them.

If someone wants to give this a try, I'm willing to pay €100,- for this. I understand that this plugin will be freely available after that.

If you'd like to hear an example, I can record it from our local radiostation.

Good Luck!

Rogier
DJ Garybaldy is RIGHT! RadioDJ WILL defeat the Evil SAM!
Musicbox Live! - musicboxlive.nl

znmd

I did something similar in my web radio station a few days ago. One day I had to play some commercials at every XX:00:00 clock, so I wrote a small pascal program (not a plugin in fact) that allows me to insert hooks automatically to playlist instead of song that would be played after XX:58:00 clock (in the other words: I didn't wanted to play less than 2 minutes of any song, so I invented these hooks-mechanism, I called this "fillers"). But I used a snippets of totally random songs, not a upcoming songs from the queue. Number of tracks in these snippet-sets depends of length gap between the song that ends after xx:58:00 clock and xx:00:00 clock, so I understand that my idea is a bit different than yours. But In fact, I thought about re-writing my application (cause it has very crappy interface, at first i wrote this for myself only :X) with a bunch of different options, and releasing it as freeware or open source, but i have a lack of time nowadays... You don't have time to wait and have to get a plugin ASAP I guess?

rogiermaas

Well, I can wait a few weeks, perhaps even months, but I'm reprogramming our station and this feature would be kick-ass! Plus: if someone makes this plugin/program for RadioDJ and makes it freely available, that would be another awesome reason for stationowners to switch to RadioDJ  :ok:

I would require it to be fully automated, in other words: it needs to be able to run in an Event (because it is part of the TOTH) and take care of the snippet-files itself. So: read the queue, create the snippetfiles, inserting them into the queue and after they've been played, erase the remains.

Perhaps it's the easiest for Marius to implement it in a future version of RadioDJ, since he has full knowledge of the programming possibillities in RadioDJ. If he finishes it, ofcourse I will use the Donation button to donate €100,-.

rogiermaas

Is anyone working on this?

I was thinking about the playlist-builder: since I found out you can add tracks with their own Cue-points there, perhaps it is possible to modify the Playlist Builder plugin to work as the TOTH-snippet-thingy instead of making a seperate plugin.

First one to deliver gets €100,-!!  8)

- Rogier

Marius

DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

rogiermaas

Marius

Thank you very much Rogier!  :hihi:
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

rogiermaas

Thank YOU for making an absolutely AWESOME product! Most of our DJ's (using the Evil SAM) have heard me play using RadioDJ and they're like: "when can we PLEEEAASE switch to RadioDJ?!"  ;D

And that is all due to your awesome work, not to mention the people making also awesome plugins for it. I *LOVE* it!

- Rogier

linawebradio

Quote from: rogiermaas on May 21, 2014, 12:30:12 PM
Thank YOU for making an absolutely AWESOME product! Most of our DJ's (using the Evil SAM) have heard me play using RadioDJ and they're like: "when can we PLEEEAASE switch to RadioDJ?!"  ;D

And that is all due to your awesome work, not to mention the people making also awesome plugins for it. I *LOVE* it!

- Rogier
You are absolutely right, Rogier! And sure I quote you!  :ok: :ok: :ok:
www.linawebradio.it
La tua Social Radio!

znmd

Wow. RadioDJ is one of the most powerful apliaction for media operators and it's still freeware :O

Marius, are you going to develop this plug-in? If so, i have an idea. Is it possible to create a mechanism similar to described in my previous post? :P I mean an option, that will allow to automatically adjust a number of enqueued hooks in according to time left to specific hour (for example: every hook in my db is 7 secs long, so when the song ends and there is just 21 secs to midnight, then radiodj will play three hooks to fill the gap: 3*7 = 21).

Then I could eliminate my own external hook-making application. :P