• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.8RC5 Released

Started by Marius, May 31, 2014, 09:34:21 AM

Marius

CHANGES LIST:

- Fixed Plugin Playlist view when adding new files (won't reset the view on drag& drop) [FIXED];
- Updated CUE EDITOR: replaced the cue listbox with right click menu; Markers can be selected and moved by a click to them now [NEW];
- Added the option to use the stored cue data from ID3 tag in Folder Import [NEW];
- When file import will detect cue data in ID3 tag will prompt the user if he wants to use it [NEW];
- Added "Reset Priority" option to Tracks Manager right click menu [NEW];
- Added the option to play sweepers on requests from a separate subcategory than the main one[NEW];
- Added the option to save the waveform and use it next time you open cue editor (if the file is found will be loaded automatically.)
- Database optimizations.

HOW TO UPDATE FROM THE LAST VERSION (1.6.5.7 or 1.6.5.8 RC4)?

First step is to update the database [VERY IMPORTANT!!!]:

- Close RadioDJ is it's running;
- Open Database Setup.exe and do a fresh backup;
- Now, still in Database Setup.exe go to "Database Utils" tab;
- Click on "Select Update File" and from "Sql" folder select "Update to 1.6.5.8 RC5.sql" file;
- Click ok to the confirmation dialog and the database will be updated.

[SEE A VIDEO TUTORIAL ABOUT UPDATING DATABASE]

And now, we must replace the program files:

METHOD 1

1. Replace all .dll files with the new ones;
2. Replace RadioDJ.exe with the new one;
3. Replace PluginInterface.dll with the new one;
4. Replace Languages folder with the new one;

METHOD 2

1. Unzip the new version somewhere on your HDD;
2. Delete from the new package the settings files (they are named like settings_XXXXX.xml);
3. Copy all files from the new package over your old files in order to overwrite them;

ALTERNATE METHOD 3

1. Replace all the files with the new ones;
2. Customize the settings for the program/plugins;

This version brings some database optimizations so i strongly recommend you not to skip the backup part, because if for a reason or another you will need to use an older version, you will not be able to do it with the modified database version.

How to check if the database update was successful? Select a track that hasn't been marked as played and play it. If it gets marked as played, then you're good.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Marius

I cleaned up the topic and uploaded the new version.
Make sure that you apply the update to the RC4 (non updated to RC5 database and files).
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

DJ Garybaldy

Cheers Marius I'm just about to fire up the PC and give it a spin!!  :ok:
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

DJ Garybaldy

Two things I've just noticed since the DB update.

1) Requested songs aren't being marked as played and stay in the list.

2) The wordpress plugin is now showing all track times as (00:00) and isn't updating what's playing.

If there's anything else I notice i will post here.

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Marius

Please make sure that you don't use the previous version (maybe by mistake) because the requests not being marked as played problem was in the old RC5, in this release is fixed and tested.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: Marius on June 12, 2014, 09:53:56 AM
Please make sure that you don't use the previous version (maybe by mistake) because the requests not being marked as played problem was in the old RC5, in this release is fixed and tested.

I've replaced all the files with everything from the new DL

The only files I've used from the previous RC version were the some encoder plugin/dsp plugin.

Just went to try again with a fresh folder  and I've ran into a bigger problem The RadioDJ.exe doesn't want to extract from the .zip file Every other file seems to extract bar that one. Even dragging it manually from the folder still doesn't extract it.

I've tried 2 different Downloads of the .zip folder and getting the same result.

Marius

Something is wrong there, i just downloaded the archive and it can be extracted without any error.
Can i take a look remotely, please?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

peterdewith

Try to update the dbase here from rc4 to rc5.

It stops bij 57%
www.internet-radio-stream.nl goedkoop internet radio streaming zonder data limiet

Marius

Please use it on a clean RC4 database (not on one which was updated with the RC5 last week) and it will work.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

peterdewith

This is the first rc5 i try, not try the old rc5
www.internet-radio-stream.nl goedkoop internet radio streaming zonder data limiet

metalzone

Hi Marius, I'm new here and have to firstly say this is amazing software!

I have tried to update from 1.6.5.7 to RC5.  I updated the database to RC4 and then to RC5 NEW, and my screen has now changed and I can't see my tracks/zones etc. 

I've attached an image here for you to see what's happened.

Just wondering what I've done wrong... :)

Marius

Did you replaced ALL files, including dll and exe with the new ones?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

----------------

metalzone

yes, i replaced all the dll files, radiodj.exe and languages as well as the plugininterface.dll file. i didn't replace the plugin's etc. though.

metalzone

I've just replaced ALL files except the settings files, and it's looking like that did the trick.  :)

onno1980

i get the error on the new 5.8.  "import ErrorMySql.Data.MysqlClient.MySqlException: Duplicate column name "precise_cue" bij MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlbackup.imp!!!!

The old 5.8 have i delete.

Greets Onno