• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

TTS Plugin - Settings, NowPlaying.xml and scheduling

Started by Sleurhutje, August 11, 2014, 10:12:24 AM

Sleurhutje

Hi,

I'm using Ivona Speech voices for the TTS plugin without any major problems. However, I have some questions about the NowPlaying.xml

1. The voices use their default setting. Changing the pitch and speed for the Windows Narrator and Ivona Reader works fine but the TTS in RadioDJ reverts to the default pitch and speed of the voice.

2. Scheduling TTS with xml's results in reading the xml source and not the xml's message content. Only the NowPlaying.xml is added to the TTS tab, other xml's do not show up.

3. How are the seperate messages in the NowPlaying.xml scheduled? Is there a way to change the repeat rate, like between every track or every 3 tracks.

Thanks in advance.

Jeroen

Marius

1. For now TTS plugin cannot customize the speed and pitch. It uses default settings.
2. TTS schedules only plain text files, not xml files.
3. You can set the repeat rate from the templates on this section:
<Tracks2Speak>3</Tracks2Speak>

The plugin is very basic and depening by the interest of the users it might be improved in the future.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Sleurhutje

Thanks for the quick reply Marius. Does make sense, however I couldn't find the function of Tracks2Speak. So, another educational day, despite it's monday.  :hihi:

Another short question, if the xml is updated, e.g. for weather and traffic information, will this update automatically be used on the next rotation of the xml?

nonstopgospel

The TTS worked great for me in the past version 1.7.0 and as for the new version 1.7.2 only one function works of the TTS. The Teasers functionality is gone for me. I am NOT sure What I am missing.  Hopefully and updated version for the TTS will come soon..

NonStopGospel Radio
NonStopGospel is Powered Powered by RADIODJ Since 08/11/2014

www.nonstopgopsel.com
http://nonstopgospel.caster.fm/
s3.myradiostream.com:18088
http://usa4.fastcast4u.com:5224/1/