• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Setting Up Radio DJ 1.77 to take requests

Started by GGECRadio, February 02, 2015, 05:34:52 PM

GGECRadio

I'm on Windows 8, using Radio DJ, I have just re-installed Radio DJ because of the new update, and I was wondering how do i set the software up to accept requests from the web. I have a website and it take html, but it mostly flash based. I really dont know php or sql, I have set additional user on sql using heidi now I'm trying to connect the dots...

Chaos Radio!

This was about the only thing I like about Sam Broadcaster. They offered Php and Html request templates. good for when Go Daddy didn't allow php.

May be one of the programers here can convert the php to html code? or may be future request.

Not like my answer helpped at all, may be ask jhonny?
Chaos Radio! - True Punk Radio for True Punk Rockers!
Over 100,000 songs in the music vault from all over the globe! Proud RadioDJ user since 2014.

https://chaosradio.info

Capt_Fuzzy

Since the request system is php based, you kinda have to have a basic knowledge to implement it.
Editing the php files to function is really pretty easy and straight forward, as to implementing it into a primarily flash-based website is a bit above my skill set right now, I mainly work with HTML but if I can be of any assistance in helping you with the php setup, just gimme a holler, if you'd like to see it in action just go here and check out how mine works...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

joshuatree44

Cpt Fuzzy your site is all over the place. It is hard to know what is all going on there.

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: joshuatree44 on March 13, 2015, 07:04:39 PM
Cpt Fuzzy your site is all over the place. It is hard to know what is all going on there.
Ok, that's the first time I've heard that...
What do you suggest?
I'm always open to constructive criticism...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

Capt_Fuzzy

Hmm..,

I'm not seeing any "constructive criticism" so either that statement was made in haste or you have no idea how to fix what you consider an "all over the place" website...  :(
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

Chaos Radio!

I think your website looks just fine, I always use this philosophy "KISS Keep It Simple Stupid". Simple is the best way to keep a site, to many radio websites out there with far to much crap on them!

Now on the requests, have you looked at a free PHP website host? I have used some free sites in the past that would allow PHP. the set-up of requests is fairly simple, jhonny and Gary have tutorials on what to do and others here willing to help you out.

I use Go Daddy, which allows PHP you can get a year of web hosting for $12.00, might be something to look at. Let me know if I can help with anything.
Over 100,000 songs in the music vault from all over the globe! Proud RadioDJ user since 2014.

Chaos Radio!

Nix the request thing, I see you have it on your site.... :D

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: Chaos Radio! on March 23, 2015, 03:17:37 PM
I think your website looks just fine, I always use this philosophy "KISS Keep It Simple Stupid". Simple is the best way to keep a site, to many radio websites out there with far to much crap on them!

Now on the requests, have you looked at a free PHP website host? I have used some free sites in the past that would allow PHP. the set-up of requests is fairly simple, jhonny and Gary have tutorials on what to do and others here willing to help you out.

I use Go Daddy, which allows PHP you can get a year of web hosting for $12.00, might be something to look at. Let me know if I can help with anything.

I'm glad to hear it, I'm always looking for ways to improve things so any constructive criticism is always welcome and appreciated...  ;D
I'd love to get into the whole "flash site" thing, but I've never worked with flash and really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to that. I have the software to edit it (Adobe CS6 Suite w/Fireworks, etc.), but I really don't know how to use all of it just yet... 
I am a freelance video editor, so I mainly use Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Audition, and Dreamweaver for website construction and editing, most of the other stuff is only used once in a great while so I'm not real versed on how to work with it. :hihi:
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

DJ Garybaldy

Flash is technically yesterdays news. Even Adobe aren't releasing any more updates to it.....

The future lies in HTML5 websites.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on March 23, 2015, 05:38:28 PM
Flash is technically yesterdays news. Even Adobe aren't releasing any more updates to it.....

The future lies in HTML5 websites.
I've noticed this, and I am truly excited about that, I kinda have a bit of a jump on that with having worked with HTML for so long anyway...  :cool:
Still have a lot to learn, but I'm liking HTML5...  ;D
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: Capt_Fuzzy on March 23, 2015, 05:41:30 PM
I've noticed this, and I am truly excited about that, I kinda have a bit of a jump on that with having worked with HTML for so long anyway...  :cool:
Still have a lot to learn, but I'm liking HTML5...  ;D

Flash is on the way out since 2009 or even before that depending on who you ask. (X)HTML evangelists and purists have never recognised it as a true or necessary part of the Intertubes.

Regarding Capt_Fuzzy's site... Well, to put it bluntly - it's been obsolete since 2000 when XHTML 1.0 became an official standard or soon thereafter. The site is using framesets and frames. Those bizarre things were part of HTML 4 which was finalised in 1997 - well before Macromedia Flash was a thing. Think about that in context of Flash being obsolete. ;)
Constructive criticism:
<framestet> and <frame> are bad for SEO and accessibility (think blind people using screen readers). Properly and maniacally structured (X)HTML layout is the way to go.
HTML table-based layouts are so 2002. Again, HTML structure and CSS layout is much more eco-friendly and helps to separate structure (HTML) and appearance (CSS). It is called Tableless web design and it was all the rage ten years ago. Now it is a routine.
However, HTML tables can still be and should be used for tabular data.

This is getting a bit long and best way to proceed would be to discuss this stuff over a beer or two like we used to do it in olden days (circa 2005). :)
Just one more thing; CSS alone can do miracles without changing single line of HTML. Check out Dave Shea's CSS Zen Garden. That page was a great inspiration for me when I started to learn CSS.

Quote from: Chaos Radio!May be one of the programers here can convert the php to html code? or may be future request.
Rewrite PHP to HTML? Not happening because HTML is a markup language but PHP is a server-side scripting language. Simply put, HTML can't do what PHP can do.
Unless someone develops a RadioDJ plugin to act as HTTP server for accepting requests, you won't be able to accept requests without some kind of web server or server-side scripting.

However, PHP can function as a web server on the same machine RadioDJ is running and accept requests from a static HTML page or even Flash if you want to avoid Android and iOS device users.

Capt_Fuzzy

Thanks Andy!!

I've been mucking around with CSS for a while now, just haven't got it down, life got in the way and I had to concentrate on other things just when I was starting to take an interest in CSS... :'(
but that was a while back (roughly 8 yrs ago).

I just need to wrap my head around it again, I have been looking to update my site, and I've yet to find a 'radio site template' that I really liked, so I've been thinking hard on just building the whole thing myself using CSS and HTML5 and/or XHTML...
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade