• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.8.2 Released!

Started by Marius, June 26, 2015, 10:46:57 AM

Marius

It looks like your antivirus or windows UAC is preventing radiodj to access its files. In this case the best option is to run the program as administrator.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

kevinlee

I just tried that and it didn't work unfortunately. I made a backup from the 1.7.6 version I am  currently  still using and I have version 1.8.1 which is the one I get the error messages on. Version 1.7.6 runs well I just can't get the new version to work

FreerunMedia

Quote from: kevinlee on March 28, 2016, 08:55:52 AM
Greetings
I am currently running version 1.7.6  I never updated to version 1.7.7 when it came out. I was looking for that version to update to and then go from 1.7.7 to 1.8.2  I was told I didn't have to do that just get the latest version and take the database update file from the sql folder in 1.8.2  Well I did that and tried to do a database update and got a error message.         

Access to the path *C:\Program Files
(x86)\Radio DJ \settings_database xml* is denied.

I followed method 1 from 1.8.2  I could be wrong but it would seem that I need to install 1.7.7 and then go to 1.8.2 but I cant find a a version of 1.7.7
That's as far as I got. can you tell me where I went wrong please and thank you

Kevinlee

Could be 2 things. The one thing is see of the password en root login in RadioDJ 1.82 is correct. If not. that is the problem. Sometimes Windows 7  lock some files because of security. Start the Database updater program as "administrator". This could work too. Also keep in mind if you update that the other RadioDJ should be shut down, otherwise the Database entries are still in use and you can't use the Database updater.

If i forget something please add, i still don't know everything ;-)
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

kevinlee

Thank you. You may not know everything but it sounds like a good start so I'll try it today when I get back to the studio and see. Thank you

Jhonny

I read:
QuoteAccess to the path * C: \ Program Files

Is RadioDJ in there?
If so, make it's one folder on C:\ like C:\RadioDJ.

PS: I hate Windows, can we return to dos  :angel:
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

FreerunMedia

Quote from: Jhonny on March 28, 2016, 05:20:08 PM
I read:
Is RadioDJ in there?

Even better, let's go to Linux ;-)
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

Jhonny

Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

kevinlee

Quote from: Jhonny on March 28, 2016, 05:20:08 PM
I read:
Is RadioDJ in there?

Hey guys thank you for your help....I believe this may have been the solution I moved the folder out of one folder to the Programs folder so it seems like everything is working now.  ill let it run for a bit and see if it holds up by tomorrow. 

As for the database I still get that error message but somehow that is working too it would seem.  ill let it run for a few days and see.   Thank yu again

Kevinlee

DJ gelo

i hope next RadioDJ v1.8.3 can connect sopported stream music using plugen. :ok:

FreerunMedia

Looking at the new features that Marius is working on, the only thing my body screems is : LET ME HAVE IT! :D

Great Job Marius and the rest! These are the moments that i am feeling a little as the fifth wheel. I know a lot about studio building, using mixing consoles and radio automation but nothing about programming. Otherwise i would help werever i can!

Just for some info, RadioDJ still running with nog problems at all on a Q4 with Stereotool processing. Another station is running 4 editions on one P4 3 ghz ht computer! Still going strong at allmost 200 days without restart. Stable? ( How dare you to doubt that  :hihi: )

FL Coast

It has been 1 year and 88,889 downloads since the release of RadioDJ 1.82.  No problems, no complaints.  Thanks Marius for such GREAT software.   :ok:
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: FL Coast on June 26, 2016, 05:31:53 AM
It has been 1 year and 88,889 downloads since the release of RadioDJ 1.82.  No problems, no complaints.  Thanks Marius for such GREAT software.   :ok:

It make me happy when I see RadioDJ being downloaded that many times!!  :hihi:

Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Vanlen

Incredible!  Congratulations Marius. :cool:
Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

Jhonny

Mine too, Marius.  :cool:
And ready on all fronts for the following special version.

marcbeinder

Quote from: Jhonny on June 27, 2016, 07:19:48 PM
Mine too, Marius.  :cool:
And ready on all fronts for the following special version.

Wait just one minute there! What special version!?!?!?!?
RiseRadio.org // Podtrics.com