• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Two events at same time, which is broadcasted ?

Started by chris33, October 24, 2015, 02:13:36 PM

chris33

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to manage my events the most efficient way and still discovering RadioDJ ;-)

Eg :
- Every day, at 2PM I load a music track rotation : rules -> clear playlist - load track rotation
- On Sunday 2PM I load a radio show : rules -> clear playlist - load track

Of course, I could disable 'Sunday' for the radio show. But if I have many events it's very tedious...
1) How could I make radio show on higher priority that tracks rotations if two events occurs at the same time ?
2) If 'Sunday' is disabled for the music rotation, what will happen at the end of the show ? (Our shows are of variable length, never the same, we are a community radio with few human resources, except me). What will be on air ? How can I do to have a track rotation loaded (or continuing) at the end of the show ? A track rotation is schedule to play at 1PM, before the 2PM event, will RadioDJ go back in past to find the last available event to avoid having nothing on air ?

BTW, how can I have a watchdog rule that would help me to avoid going dead air in case of events scheduling mistake ?

Sorry if these questions are stupid, I'm a beginner :-) Thanks for your help

Brodephat

Hi,

First off, the only stupid questions are those that are NEVER ASKED.

What I would do for Sunday at 2pm is use one event to load both the rotation and the show. What that does is it allows your show to run and when it's done the music rotation will play after the show ends.

So maybe try this in this order:

Clear Playlist
Load the show to top of the Playlist/Queue
Load the rotation
Play

The show will start first and when it's done the music will play.
"Think Outside The Box And Make Something Truly Wonderful Happen"

Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3fGBsKJ

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: Brodephat on October 24, 2015, 03:32:11 PMSo maybe try this in this order:

Clear Playlist
Load the rotation
Play

The show will start first and when it's done the music will play.
I don't mean to be a 'killjoy' but ya got that backwards there Brodephat..,

The order should be like this:

Clear Playlist
Load the rotation
Play

The reason for that is that RDJ loads all tracks to the top of the playlist by default. Yes, you CAN change that, but most 'new users' don't notice this at first.
Since that is the default, if you want the show to play first, you need to add it to the list last, in other words, you need to load the event backwards of the order you wish to play the files.

I use the same process to play my TOTH news, I make the event load the news music bed after the actual news.mp3, that way the music loads first in the cue, plays, then plays the news file.
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

Brodephat

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

chris33

Thank you guys ! Yes this is pretty obvious now that you provided me me solution ;-)

Time to cleanup my events now !!

Capt_Fuzzy

Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

chris33

Capt : just to be sure at 200% about top/bottom (I'm still confused)...

If a rotation is playing and an event does "load track top", the loaded track will be the next in the playlist of the current auto generated playlist or the last ??

Brodephat

The contents of a rotation actually load to the bottom of the Queue/Playlist

Just try it out and then you will know what works best for you.

My RadioDJ Stations:
NiaRadioNetwork.com
RealPeopleTalkRadio.com
TheTriadComeUp.com

Radio Imaging & Tools:
CarterScripts.com

Free RDJ Videos:
HowToUseRadioDJ.com

Jhonny

QuoteIf a rotation is playing and an event does "load track top", the loaded track will be the next in the playlist of the current auto generated playlist or the last ??

next in the playlist
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

josmart

Loading and queues . . .  I think I need an info-graphic or chart.

Jhonny

Two events at same time.

Event rule, lowest ID number first.

The test is, can two events run at the same time:
Two events start on 10 O'clock.

Event test 1

load track 1 (top)
wait 15 sec (just to see if test 2 wait for test 1 finished)
load track 2 (top)

Event test 2

load track 3 (top)

In the database, in events (see pic), event test 1 get the ID number 15 and event test 2 the number 16
both events start at the same time, but the lower number starts first (15).

track 1 is loaded on top
during the waiting loads track 3 (test 2) loaded on top (so does not wait until the other is ready)
then loads track 2 on top.

So the play list is:

track 2
track 3
track 1

end test.

[attachment deleted by admin]
R.T.F.M. means to me, Read The Fantastic Messages.
Einstein says: Make things simple, but don't make simple things simpler! (wise) this is just my life lesson you know.

I don't do drugs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The Radiodj tutorials site is now managed by Domstad radio .nl still  Just in English

Valdis

I'll just reduce Jhonny's tests to this: The events run in order they were created. By default events (and other entries from database) are ordered by ID which is an auto-increment number.
I am, therefore I think.
I design and develop web apps, and have created few RadioDJ plugins - https://axellence.lv/downloads/