• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Now playing issues

Started by wtmuradio, October 14, 2016, 01:44:48 AM

wtmuradio

I was noticing that when i playing with radiodj Manually tonight that when i had a song on and i noticed it had a issue so i pushed off to another that the tag would not change even though the new song i was playing does have a tag attached that it would not change .So i went into the now playing and wrote it in myself and forced it to change .It changed but it seems when you do change very fast the tag will be stuck on the old one until you restart radiodj  over again meaning closing it out and restarting . ...Is this a discovered glitch with the program not pushing the tags correctly even if you force them also its crazy that you would have to restart the whole program over just to have the correct tag to get back in there  >:D.
Darrin K
Wtmuradiotv.com

Marius

What version of RadioDJ?
How are you exporting the now playing info (txt file, http, etc)?
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Jbarcelona

I am so angry I could spit!! I have watched several video tutorials that suggest that there is an "NowPlaying" file created on the root drive, as I have not changed any default and that is what is selected in the plugin. I AM SO ANGRY I CAN'T SEE!!! MY CUSTOMER HAS BEEN WAITING 3 WEEKS BECAUSE I TOLD HIM THIS SOFTWARE IS THE BEST!!! How can such a simple issue be so obfuscated !!!

Marius

Newer version of Windows won't allow writing on C root drive if the application is not running as administrator. In Now Playing plugin settings-File export set the file path to your documents folder.
It's not a RadioDJ issue, but a Windows security rule.
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.

Jbarcelona

Thanks for the quick answer, as I am going nuts! But also then why is it strongly recommended not to use a directory other than the root directory? Also does anybody know why the program won't minimize ? Is that a bug, or is the installation possibly corrupt? When you click to minimize, the program disappears, but is still running, and won't allow another instance to run, which also I was led to believe that you CAN rum multiple instances, or does this require separate installations?

Capt_Fuzzy

Quote from: Jbarcelona on October 18, 2016, 03:27:40 PMAlso does anybody know why the program won't minimize ? Is that a bug, or is the installation possibly corrupt? When you click to minimize, the program disappears, but is still running, and won't allow another instance to run, which also I was led to believe that you CAN rum multiple instances, or does this require separate installations?
That's the whole point of 'minimize', the program is still running, it's just "hidden". If you want the program to close, then hit the "X" to close it, not the minimize "_" button...
As far as multiple instances go, click Options > Options and in the General tab, uncheck the 'Allow only one instance' box and then you can run all the instances of RDJ that your box can handle.
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

FL Coast

Quote from: JbarcelonaI am going nuts! But also then why is it strongly recommended not to use a directory other than the root directory?

I put the "NowPlaying.txt" file in the RadioDJ root folder.  That way if RadioDJ folder has permission to operate, then so does everything in it.

Quote from: JbarcelonaAlso does anybody know why the program won't minimize ? Is that a bug, or is the installation possibly corrupt? When you click to minimize, the program disappears, but is still running, and won't allow another instance to run, which also I was led to believe that you CAN rum multiple instances, or does this require separate installations?

Go to OPTIONS>OPTIONS> and under the "GENERAL" tab, click on "Minimize to Tray".  While you are there you can "uncheck" the Allow only one instance" box if you want to run multiple instances of RadioDJ.

You may need to go to Windows settings to allow the RadioDJ icon to be visible on the task bar when minimized.  If you are using windows 10 you can click on the "Show Hidden Icons" arrow on the task bar to locate the hidden icon.

Quote from: JbarcelonaI AM SO ANGRY I CAN'T SEE!!! MY CUSTOMER HAS BEEN WAITING 3 WEEKS BECAUSE I TOLD HIM THIS SOFTWARE IS THE BEST!!! How can such a simple issue be so obfuscated !!!

Rather than getting angry and blaming RadioDJ for something that you failed to research, take time to experiment with, ask questions, and learn to use the program before you go out and brag on it.

I will attest, RadioDJ is THE BEST RADIO AUTOMATION SOFTWARE ANYWHERE in my opinion.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

dj_simplicity

with the unchecking of the Allow one instance ...can you use the other screen that can be clicked to open  ..as another station (different music ,settings)so to speak I was just wondering

FL Coast

Quote from: dj_simplicity on October 18, 2016, 10:40:02 PM
with the unchecking of the Allow one instance ...can you use the other screen that can be clicked to open  ..as another station (different music ,settings)so to speak I was just wondering

Yes you can.  The only thing, you will be using the same database so your tracks will be marked as played by both and therefore you could run out of track selections fast.  If you are using totally different tracks per station this should not be a problem.

You could create a second database for you second instance, backup your original database and import it into the second database.  Then to maintain the same tracks in both databases, your new tracks would need to be imported in each database or backup one and import into the other.

You will also need a different instance of the streamer running to broadcast each station.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck

Florida Coast
:)    Play the Music and Have Fun!    :ok:
==================================
Fun In The Sun,  From the Florida Coast
"It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts."
John Wooden 1910 - 2010

avoloder

hallo everybody!
i'm not shure is it right topic but i have problem with nowplaying.txt. my music is ok and i put all tags in titles and artist and its normaly recorgnized by RadioDJ. But in my nowplaying file i'm getting this

$artist – Rolling in the deep

so it doesn't write artist name.

can anybody help me

thanx

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: avoloder on October 19, 2016, 06:47:14 PM
hallo everybody!
i'm not shure is it right topic but i have problem with nowplaying.txt. my music is ok and i put all tags in titles and artist and its normaly recorgnized by RadioDJ. But in my nowplaying file i'm getting this

$artist – Rolling in the deep

so it doesn't write artist name.

can anybody help me

thanx

Under stream titles> music from the options menu it should read $artist$ - $title$ I suspect the $ is missing somewhere
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

avoloder

Quote from: DJ Garybaldy on October 19, 2016, 07:21:22 PM
Under stream titles> music from the options menu it should read $artist$ - $title$ I suspect the $ is missing somewhere

thanx i got it :)