• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Might be time to move on.

Started by docaram, December 30, 2016, 09:54:58 PM

docaram

I am one that understand the inner working of making a product right and absolutely correct and correct as can be, BUT! waiting almost two years is some kind of crazy. There are some things that many use that has totally held up the best possible broadcasting experience that one can do or have. I can not see going back to Sam Broadcasting..but it looks like many might be forced to do so in or waiting such a time as many have.

Don't get me wrong..thus far Radio DJ is the best our Network has used..but being Best and not living up to the Best of its intentions leaves Best to be Better to become the absolute BEST!.  I am sure without a doubt that this will be forthcoming..but right now, things are left hung in the balance for many..and that hurts them and the work that they are trying to do (which is service the people in the form of Broadcast) moreso then help them. No need to replay, this is a very long and needed vent that I feel many in this blogging post feel but may not have expressed. We ALL await patiently in hopes that great things for Broadcasters are yet to come in this 2017 year (Sooner rather than later..hopefully) HAPPY NEW YEAR! Everyone

OnePlayRadio

I have also waited for the new version of radiodj but that's not why I'm going to say that that's bad, this project is without financing, you can not compare this system of free access with payment systems like SAM, Simian, Dinesat, Dalet and others. This project is developed by Marius and I imagine it depends on its availability time, so I wait patiently until I have more news of new versions.

If you have a radio and hope that having a better automation system improves your air, I think you are wrong, there are stations that using winamp are very good, your listeners do not know how to place the music or indicate the time, much of it That listeners listen to depends on the creativity, music selection and artistic aspects that automation systems help but do not create, remember that computers have no heart.

I have used radiodj for almost 2 years and after going through various systems and the truth that radiodj is spectacular as it is. I reiterate everything else depends on the creativity, generate content, enter more music.

I hope my opinion helps you to improve your station but not depending exclusively on a computer. If you like the radio you should know.

Greetings and very good 2017  :cool:
One Play Radio
http://www.oneplayradio.com
Tw: @oneplayradio
Fb: oneplayfm
-- La EvoluciĆ³n de la RevoluciĆ³n --

docaram

We have also been using this system for YEARS! and I do mean YEARS! one last thing.if you only knew the creative that goes on with the Network you would be highly amazed....notwithstanding your listener base around the world and growing..we have been at this now for 13 years now :) we may have played a song or two :) and the changes that we are awaiting the average Broadcaster is NOT doing..why? because a very good friend developed it over in Sam and when we changed to Microsoft Windows 10 we had to change and it is in place for Radio DJ pending the change in the upgrade. So like everyone else we too await in hopes that these changes are sooner within this 2017 year rather then later. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Everyone.

FreerunMedia

Well not to offend anyone but don't you think if software is working very nice and fine, it is not needed to update a program? There is a saying: "If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it". It is a free software pack and Marius did a very nice job. I don't think he is someone who is doing exact the same as the big software builders, bringing out an update because people expect one.

Just on a side note ;-) .... If it is there, i'll download it and work with it. If not? The current version is working without any problems right now ;-)
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

DJ Garybaldy

^^I'm with Freerun Media

Yes its been a while since the last update but 1.8.2 is working just fine.

Yes it would be good if there was an update

Best advice I can give is have some patience

I'm sure Marius is making sure all the "Shiny" new features work as they should and that the bugs are all ironed out.

Give Marius a break he's doing this for FREE.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

Filip83

There is only 1 thing that I'm missing in RDJ. And for me It's a biggie. I have a lot of tracks disabled. I want those gone from my HDD. Currently this is a nightmare that it's going on for very, very long. It is basically impossible (to my knowledge) to reliably delete files from the HDD.

Now here I might just ask you how do you deal with maintaining your database. Sorry a bit of topic I know, but anyways.
I have started a topic about this years ago and I never got to the end with it. So I decided to wait for an update that would hopefully fix this. But there was none.

There's a lot of other small things that can be improved in RDJ to make the quality of life MUCH better. I'm sure we all know a few.

The second thing is how about donations. I mean I know I would definitely support the development of such a project within my capability. I am sure there's even people who actually make money using this software. So honestly I don't see why there is no way to donate. Maybe that would give him incentive to...

If he doesn't care about money, then why not make it open source? There's Git and Github. People would be able to work and help with the development. Who knows what can happen.

In the end I can say that I love RDJ and will of course continue to use it and enjoy it. But until the above is "fixed" there will always be a bitter aftertaste for me personally. :(
www.diskonektedmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/diskonekted

Capt_Fuzzy

I'm sure that I'm not the only person here that has run across at least one or two things in RDJ that they thought could use some "enhancement" or "improvement".
That being said, I still believe RadioDJ to be the BEST radio automation software around (paid or free), and believe me, I've tried several programs on both sides of that fence, so I do think I know at least a little bit of what I'm talking about... :D

As to why Marius doesn't release this as Open Source, only Marius knows the real reasons, but I think I can understand why he might not want to do this, and if my assumptions are correct, I can totally understand it and I even agree with it, but it's Marius' "baby" and he has the complete and total right to do with it as he sees fit.
Who am I to argue with that? :D

I can't speak for everyone, but I am a very patient person, and when I see posts about updates and new versions in the pipeline, I can't help but get a bit excited about it, and yes, I want to see these updates/new versions just as much as the next person, but I'm content to wait for it's release, no matter how long it may take.
Marius has produced a high quality product here and I've used it long enough that I'm confident that whatever he has in the works will not only work correctly when it's released, but be both stable and dependable.
That's one of the many things that I LOVE about Marius and RadioDJ, he doesn't release "junk" that then has to be repeatedly "patched" to fix things that should've been working from the start, if it isn't working, it doesn't get released until it does, and that "quality" is severely lacking in a lot of software producers these days. They get caught up in the "This is nice and I want it NOW" nonsense on their message boards and social media pages and before you know it, their boards and social media pages are full of nothing but complaints about "faulty software" that should've been working when it was released...
I see this type of thing all the time with other software that I use or have used, it's blatant, childish impatience, and I'm glad to see that Marius has not succumbed to it's influence. :cool:

Marius, you are doing an awesome job with RadioDJ, I'm proud to be a "long-term" user of this software and will continue to use, recommend and support you and this software in anyway that I can. I've said it before and I will say it again..,
You da man, Marius!! :D
Steve 'Capt Fuzzy' Wade
Proud & Satisfied "Long-term" RadioDJ User
(Currently making the transition to v2)

WVRR - Ridgerunners Radio
The best mix of your favorites!

Filip83

Ok I just saw this: http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=9676.msg55864#msg55864

That makes me happy. I can wait. I'm sure it will be great and really hope for a fix for my dilemma.
www.diskonektedmusic.com
www.soundcloud.com/diskonekted

Occassion

I was also waiting long long time new version and hoping some new features. Than was time where I just change playout software and replaced it. Sorry guys it was Fun but this time is over. I just can't stay and wait maybe this year or next?

No I sometime look into forum to check if it's there - not yet!
I think time is ready to Move on and - problally You are also to Late for that. Thank god I made my decision 2 years ago!

Marius

There is no need for drama. RadioDJ is free and you and any other are welcomed to use it for as long it suits your needs and when will cease to do that, you can move confidently to any other free or paid alternative that will help you more. No need for explanations.
Simple as that.  ;)
DOWNLOADS PAGE

HOW TO FIX RADIODJ DATABASE
----------------
Please don't PM me for support requests. Use the forums instead.