• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Import Tracks Folder Stops

Started by fredboogie, May 06, 2017, 07:04:26 PM

fredboogie

Hello A Newbie here and getting to know RadioDJ.
I'm trying to import music from a folder. Import stops at the same song. I have searched for solutions and ID3 was never clicked. So, that is not the culprit. All MP3's and some WAVs. Clicking Unclicking settings is not getting me anywhere.
These audio files were in a folder that media monkey used.Adequate player I have used for 8 yrs. RadioDJ is better to help me get online stream going with rotation rules and inserting announcements about my online live shows.
Any ideas?

neutralhills

Remove the problem file. Import the rest of the folder. Import the remaining file as an individual track. If it still won't import, open it in Audacity and try saving it as a new file. See if it works then.
Squirrel FM : Always playing with our nuts!
www.squirrel.fm
Studio systems running RadioDJ & Rivendell (occasional only)
Flow 8 Deck & PlayIt Cartwall for live mixing and assist.
Remote systems running RadioDJ
Pioneer DDJ-SX control surface.

fredboogie

I'm baffled by computers and how they gang up on me...I'm clueless about the TWIN ui 2 dam computers screwing me from using radiodj
TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

And another mystery message::::Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

what app didn't start?  >:D

neutralhills

I'm sorry, is this the error that appears when the import of your songs fails? Your post isn't clear about this.
www.squirrel.fm

fredboogie

No...this is admin tools from the control panel for windows errors....
This what it reads when I'm trying to import music to radio dj

Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy!App failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

What APP?? RadioDJ won't start unless whatever server installed is running. I tried MYSQL in the first computer and MariadB in another WIN10 64 bit computer. Same thing.
Stops at the same song in both computers. The song is installed and plays. Don't know what to say.

neutralhills

Have you tried doing an import without that particular song in the folder?
www.squirrel.fm

fredboogie

YES...trying to listen to your advice and deleted that song and it seems that it stops importing at 500 songs...I go back to the folder and nothing is wrong with the way its entered..MP3... Don't understand ....still have the error message I sent to the forum above

fredboogie

2 computers doing the same dam thing..a WIN 10 64 bit and Win 7 64 bit

FreerunMedia

Quote from: fredboogie on May 07, 2017, 04:19:14 AM
2 computers doing the same dam thing..a WIN 10 64 bit and Win 7 64 bit

Some of the problems accours when the folder of RadioDJ isn't in the root of the C: drive. Because RadioDJ doesn't install things in the reg files, you can even put it on a USB thumb drive and start the program from it. Don't put it in the programs folders of windows. Another thing is start radioDJ as admin.
Running 3 editions V1.8.2 at www.salto.nl and v1.8.2 at radio251.nl. ( NOW with 2 live studio's! )

fredboogie

Interesting TIP FREERUN
In the setup before I downloaded RadioDJ, I followed the instructions to put it right on the C:/ drive.
When the import stops; there are no error messages ,,,,WHY it stopped.
I wish there were and I could move on with life.
There are FAQs in the forum for this problem and I went to the Control Panel>>>Admin Tools>>Event Viewer>>>Windows Log>>>Application>>

RED symbols of ERROR...double click and the information is like GREEK to me. I copy/pasted the ERRORS further up in this thread and no one is explaining what's going on. The FAQs in this forum seems to point to some simplified process that actually shows the problem file and the user determines what's actually wrong. Not my luck...All windows speak, that doesn't do me any good. No easy way out for me.........my luck!
Nice software for a radio station and would be beautiful to get it working. I'll admit that two computers doing the same thing might point to the files being imported. Not sure why both computers stop at 500 songs out of 3,000. Theses music files are from a folder that another music player used. Media Monkey. OK for simple DJ work or even a nice player for a live music show, but not for automated playback and shuffling and inserting goodies, to make it sound like someone is really there, like RadioDJ does.....Is the main guy monitoring this forum???  :'(
fred

neutralhills

We've been using RadioDJ for a year and a half on up to 19 different systems in our school division. I've checked the Windows logs in about 12 of them that I have access to and see no red flags at all.  I'm the support person for the project and I've yet to have this sort of behavior reported to me. The systems range from underpowered Windows tablets to server class machines running everything from Windows Vista to Windows 10 and, in one case, Windows Server 2008 R2.

The software is incredibly stable and runs for months and months on its own, unattended. We only ever have to take our main system down for critical Windows updates. That's it.

I suspect the problem is specific to your files.
www.squirrel.fm

fredboogie

That's good news...I believe what you're saying here. Just my luck that it's tripping over itself in my situation. Without error reporting WHY it's stopping is the big problem. I have 5,000 files to import and I went to that folder and even changed the permissions to full control of the contents in that folder.
I did a spot check of 100 files and the security is full control for anyone using the computer.

So, without some error report, WHY the import stops. I'm sunk.

I'm happy for you that there have never been any issues. That's why i want to make this work. There was a FAQ that says that there is a way to setup error reporting. I do not see that in the latest VER of Radiodj.....would I better off downloading an older version of RadioDJ??
Fred

Vanlen

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

The error that you reported earlier in this thread appears to be an error thrown out by the Cortana App in Windows 10.  I have Cortana talk feature disabled on my system and don't use it nor want it.  Wondering if that might be a conflict? 

Forest Green - Music in Nature's Frequency
www.forestgreenradio.ca

fredboogie

OK , VANLEN?Thanks for lastest reply to the thread........Was Cortana causing this problem for you? Import stops?
The WIN 7 machine does the same thing, it doesn't have Cortana:::IMPORT stops at the same number and same song. Remove the song from the folder and try to restart IMPORT and still stops on another song.

Gonna try one more machine that is an older WIN 7 computer...I am thinking it's a file that stops the process and for the many replies I have made here, that with no error message telling me why it's stopping, make matters worse. The error event, in the control panel, I keep mentioning, isn't giving me any clues, either.
I'm sure it is something about the files I'm trying to import, that is the cause. I turned off the anti-virus.
There's 5,000 songs to have to look at properties to see what is actually going on here. Permissions for the folder are full control for anyone using the computer. There are no options to RIGHT CLIK and start as an Administrator...for RADIODJ. RadioDJ is in the ROOT of C:/

Fred

neutralhills

Hey Fred,

Hoping this will help:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/always-run-a-program-in-administrator-mode-in-windows-10/

Apologies for not thinking to mention Cortana - I just assume everyone disables that rubbish by default. If you haven't gotten rid of it, please consider it.

Cheers!
www.squirrel.fm