• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

RadioDJ v1.6.5.6 Released!

Started by Marius, January 05, 2014, 03:38:54 PM

AndyDeGroo

Quote from: chrismadog on January 28, 2014, 12:46:34 AM
I increased it from 150 to 200 connections with no effect.
What I will be doing is uninstalling MySQL and putting in a fresh copy which I've downloaded ready to do so.

As far as I can tell from queries in MySQL general-log, the issue is not in MySQL at all, so reinstalling won't help.

chrismadog

Thanks Andy,

That explains why it didn't work then LOL.

But it was worth a shot. Heck yes.

The problem doesn't happen every time. Last night it went through perfectly without a problem. The two nights before, it needed a mouse-click to get it going again.
It's very tiring having to be up each midnight and online by remote control, and then have to be up early each morning.

Regards,
Chris
Presenter - 4SDB - Rose City FM 89.3 - Warwick, QLD Australia.
Station Engineer - http://rosecityfm.org.au
Community Radio - Bringing you the best of local radio.

SnowHow

Quote from: chrismadog on January 29, 2014, 01:15:36 AM

The problem doesn't happen every time. Last night it went through perfectly without a problem. The two nights before, it needed a mouse-click to get it going again.
It's very tiring having to be up each midnight and online by remote control, and then have to be up early each morning.

I notice that setting up events is in 24hr format. Dot Net uses the Date and DateTime specifiers. If your system clock is set to the 12hr format, I'm wondering if there is an issue with midnight being read as 12:00(system) as opposed to 00:00(in database interpreted by DateTime) and getting confused hence the event not firing as expected.

Try setting the computer to the 24hr format. In Win7, Control Panel -> Region and Language.
Set "Short Time" to "HH:mm" and Long time to "HH:mm:ss" and this will probably clear it up.

J-

TQ

Quote from: SnowHow on January 30, 2014, 06:08:02 AM
If your system clock is set to the 12hr format, I'm wondering if there is an issue with midnight being read as 12:00(system)

My system is already set for 24 hour clock (XP 64bit).

I saw mentioned elsewhere that the problem was triggered at 8 minutes past midnight so I sat, glued to the screen last night, to see what time it did trigger. For me it was exactly midnight, the button top changed from the next event to --:--.

There is nothing in the event log to correspond to this issue although, interestingly, there are random "Silence Detect" events even though I've turned off the "Silence Remover".

As an aside to the latter, could someone tell me the meaning of the start, mix and end thresholds for the silence remover.

Nick
A problem is only a problem if you can't find the solution.

DJ Garybaldy

Quote from: TQ on January 30, 2014, 11:34:15 AM

As an aside to the latter, could someone tell me the meaning of the start, mix and end thresholds for the silence remover.

Nick

I've stopped using the silence remover and only having fade out duration set at 3600. All my tracks are volume levelled and everything mixes fine.

QuoteThere is nothing in the event log to correspond to this issue although, interestingly, there are random "Silence Detect" events even though I've turned off the "Silence Remover".

Marius has stated that it's usually the track before the one that causes the "watchdog" error to generate see this post http://www.radiodj.ro/community/index.php?topic=4550.msg26500#msg26500

I've found in my case it was long bits of silence at the beginning of jingles that was causing the "watchdog" issue on my end. Check any jingles that may have more silence than they need at the beginning and edit them with audacity and remove the excess silence. Re-edit the cue points after you have done that.

You could also try upgrading to the new beta as that seems to be working rather well.
Worlds Biggest Fan of RadioDJ

Install MariaDB https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/installing-maria-db.html

Install RadioDJ: https://djgarybaldy.blogspot.com/2020/08/how-to-install-radiodj-free-radio.html

Into Internet radio for 25 years 1999-2024

RadioDJ 2045 MariaDB 11.2 Windows 11

TQ

Quote from: KingsbridgeRadio on January 30, 2014, 11:48:51 AM
I've found in my case it was long bits of silence at the beginning of jingles that was causing the "watchdog" issue on my end. Check any jingles that may have more silence than they need at the beginning and edit them with audacity and remove the excess silence. Re-edit the cue points after you have done that.

WOW, that was quick!

Are you saying it's not the silence remover that's doing this even though it's still showing up in the log? I may not have restarted RDJ since I turned it off so I will do this.

I'm in a bit of a difficult spot here, my OTH event is constructed as follows:
News intro Jingle
Pips (time signature)
News
News outro Jingle

I have written a little program to download the news every hour and use the MP3 as-is, there is no way I can edit it every hour.
The last hours news MP3 had just 100ms of silence at the beginning but 1300ms at the end. The pips file has 0 ms either end and the jingle 100ms either end. I have already turned off the "High Precision Cue Points" for the news file as per another post.

A very significant point is that this problem is random ie it only shows in the log 2 or 3 times a day even though it runs 24 times each 24 hour period and the error is never at the same time twice.

Quote from: KingsbridgeRadio on January 30, 2014, 11:48:51 AM
You could also try upgrading to the new beta as that seems to be working rather well.

I am running the current BETA in the hope of overcoming the midnight issue, which is still on-going. I might roll back to the 1.6.5.5 version as I am sure the midnight problem manifested itself in the 1.6.5.6 beta.

Thanks for your input.

Nick

SnowHow

Quote from: TQ on January 30, 2014, 11:34:15 AM
My system is already set for 24 hour clock (XP 64bit).

I saw mentioned elsewhere that the problem was triggered at 8 minutes past midnight so I sat, glued to the screen last night, to see what time it did trigger. For me it was exactly midnight, the button top changed from the next event to --:--.

I conducted three tests last night with three very simple clear queue events at 23:55, 00:05, and 00:10. All three fired with the clock in 24 hr format.

I programmed them at 23:30. The first one counted down from 23:30 all the way down to the first event which fired off as expected. When it was complete, the button showed "--:--" At exactly 00:00, the five minute countdown to the second event started, it fired off as expected as did the third.

I know this is a silly question, but did you verify the dates when you set up the events? I almost missed that myself when setting up my tests. Just a thought...  :)

J-

704djs

that whati was looking at also people are setting the events and not looking at the date of the event and also setting the time and date of some of the events
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

TQ

Quote from: SnowHow on January 30, 2014, 12:55:47 PM
I know this is a silly question, but did you verify the dates when you set up the events? I almost missed that myself when setting up my tests. Just a thought...  :)

Thanks for your interest SnowHow.

My events have been set up for weeks, the events after midnight are "Repeat by day" type but until I spotted the problem I would find that late night rotation was still running in the morning. A new rotation should have loaded at 7am and, if I didn't get to the machine in time, another at 9am.

The setup of the 7am/9am events are 100% identical to the daytime events (for rotation change) which all work perfectly.

I've just checked the event log and found that the news which is a "Repeat by Day and Hour" (for every hour) also fails after midnight until I reset everything.

Thanks

Nick

TQ

Good news (I hope) regarding the after midnight issue I've been having.

I noticed that Google Update was running at 23:58 each night (30 seconds before my midnight events started) via Windows Scheduled Tasks. I disabled the Google task and tonight, for the first time in a long time, my events passed midnight without a problem.

It's too soon to say for sure but I think I'm on a winner.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Nick

704djs

Quote from: TQ on January 31, 2014, 11:21:26 PM
Good news (I hope) regarding the after midnight issue I've been having.

I noticed that Google Update was running at 23:58 each night (30 seconds before my midnight events started) via Windows Scheduled Tasks. I disabled the Google task and tonight, for the first time in a long time, my events passed midnight without a problem.

It's too soon to say for sure but I think I'm on a winner.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Nick

congrad lil one
Beat 94.7/Hot 107.9  fm banging the hitz that you wanna hear.

radiodj@havank.nl

Quote from: TQ on January 30, 2014, 12:33:40 PM

I'm in a bit of a difficult spot here, my OTH event is constructed as follows:
News intro Jingle
Pips (time signature)
News
News outro Jingle

I have written a little program to download the news every hour and use the MP3 as-is, there is no way I can edit it every hour.
The last hours news MP3 had just 100ms of silence at the beginning but 1300ms at the end. The pips file has 0 ms either end and the jingle 100ms either end. I have already turned off the "High Precision Cue Points" for the news file as per another post.

Silly question Nick, but you did set the news.mp3 as a VDF file?

regards,

Marcel

TQ

Quote from: radiodj@havank.nl on February 01, 2014, 06:19:12 PM
Silly question Nick, but you did set the news.mp3 as a VDF file?

The short answer is no. The file is 2 minutes +/- 1 second at most so it's never given me any obvious problems. I will however change it to VDF for completeness now that you have reminded me.

Thanks
Nick

TQ

Quote from: TQ on January 31, 2014, 11:21:26 PM

No problems again tonight, looks like there must have been a conflict with RDJ and Google Update.

Nick

devohb

I can not get the new version to work I don't know what Iam doing wrong....the only version I was able to get working was the 1.6.0 version can someone help please :angry: