• Welcome to RadioDJ - Free Radio Automation Software Forum. Please log in or sign up.

I've searched. It's easy they say. I'm in need of help. Setting up now playin

Started by Bic8760, March 31, 2015, 06:25:35 PM

Bic8760

Now playing Info exporter

I can get audio to radionomy but I don't know what I need to put in the
web export section -

Web export
URL (what radionomy url do I need to put in here)
Password (do I need a password here?)
Custom data (-) what if anything goes here
Method (post, get, get (custom))

Radionomy has API but I'm trying to figure that out too.

Thanks

Jim Bickel
Jim Bickel
jbickel@fostoria8760.com

Fostoria 8760

Chaos Radio!

For Radionomy you do not need any API information. It will pull the title and artist off of your stream.

Once you have one concurrent listener it will switch from your Radionomy playlist to your live stream.

Chaos Radio! - True Punk Radio for True Punk Rockers!
Over 100,000 songs in the music vault from all over the globe! Proud RadioDJ user since 2014.

https://chaosradio.info

AndyDeGroo

Please use search before starting new topics - LMGTFY.

Chaos Radio is right - there is no now playing update option in Radionomy API.
You should have read documentation on radionomy forums or this post about available API requests.

Bic8760

Excuse me for not being totally 100% up to speed.  I'm asking for help.  I have searched the forum indexes on both sides RN and RDJ.  I wasn't able to make heads or tails of either forum.  Thought maybe somebody that is using both (Chaos Radio) might be able to dumb it down for me so I could do the things I need to do to put together a great station for my community instead of fumbling the ball on all the technical stuff.  I'm not a computer geek.  I'm not a software know it all.  I do know what I want to accomplish with my radio station for my community.  I'm just trying to make sure I'm doing the technical stuff right so it sounds right from that end.  If I knew how to do it I wouldn't ever have to be on the forum. 

Thanks for your understanding and patience with us new guys.

Jim Bickel
jbickel@fostoria8760.com

Fostoria 8760

AndyDeGroo

I am not on Radionomy. Had read few times after googling and that's all. This time was exactly that - searched and found it.

If you want someone to help you, be a bit more patient and polite. Posting big blocks of unreadable text doesn't help.

Now, back to your issue; Does you stream send metadata? You can check that by opening the stream in any modern media player like VLC. If the stream contains metadata, VLC Player should show current title in window title and via Tools > Media Information.

If data is not there, we should determine what encode you are using and if it forwards data from RadioDJ. Would have been nice if you mentioned that in you original post.

Bic8760

How does one go about opening the stream in the media player?  I am using Now Playing Exporter plugin and some encoder plugin on radiodj.
Jim Bickel
jbickel@fostoria8760.com

Fostoria 8760

AndyDeGroo

Quotehe API "Current Song" allows you to display the last or the two last tracks played on your radio.

It allows you to display data on your own web site, not send updates to Radionomy.

Radionomy gets data from you audio stream and you encoder has to send the data from RadioDJ. What encoder are you using?

QuoteHow does one go about opening the stream in the media player?

According to this post on Radionomy forum:
Your streaming radio link will be at this format : listen.radionomy.com/yourradioname; if the auditor comes from a mobile device, an automatic detection will redirect him to the low-level stream of 64 KBps. (if your radio reached 130 hrs / day of course).

If, however, you want to force the use of the 128 Kbps, you will have to use this URL: listen128.radionomy.com/yourradioname. On contrary, if you want to force the use of the 64 Kbps (on give a low level link) you will have to use this URL: listen64.radionomy.com/yourradioname.

The exact stream URL(s) should be available on your Radionomy control panel. That's what I've gathered from searching radionomy forums.

Bic8760

I'm using some encoder plug in on radiodj.  I can open that stream (streaming.radionomy.MYSTATION) but it's from the radionomy autodj unless I stream audio from radiodj.  And coming from radionomy on that stream there is no metada displayed on the url.  Just a player with volume control, pause/play button and streaming time.  I thought you were talking about playing the output of encoder locally through a player. 
Jim Bickel
jbickel@fostoria8760.com

Fostoria 8760

Bic8760

Just downloaded VLC.  Plugged in stream.  I have metadata when it's running RMO (autodj from radionomy)  When I switch to RDJ / some encoder streaming, I hear the audio but the metadata is for what is scheduled or still playing on RMO.  It's not seeing metadata from RDJ from what I can tell.
Jim Bickel
jbickel@fostoria8760.com

Fostoria 8760

AndyDeGroo

Have you enabled "Auto Title" in some encoder encoder settings?

Here:

If some encoder is not sending song details when that option is enabled, you should try streaming with standalone some encoder or other encoder.

SnowHow

I found a Getting Started guide for Radionomy here. (PDF)

I don't know how much help it will be, but I found these instuctions from when I assisted a member get set up with Live 365. As I recall, it was similar to setting up a Shoutcast server. The A******t plugin has settings for V1 and V2. If the encoder doesn't match the version of server you are broadcasting to, you will hear audio, but no metadata will pass. It's sounding like an encoder mismatch or the Auto Title box isn't ticked as Andy suggested. I have no personal experience with either, but maybe these two links can get you on the right track.

HTH

Good Luck.

J-

[EDIT]

I found it. It's set up like Shoutcast v1:

Confirm by OK btn and then start SAM-B, you will see the Legacy MP3 (ACM Codec) in the list.

- Then you get a Converter tab. Choose this Bitrate: 128 kbps and Stereo mode.

- Now we go to the Server details tab. Server type:
* choose Shoutcast V1.
* Server IP: Type the IP server adress (info in the RMO)
* Port: Type the port number (info in the RMO)
* Password: Type the Live-password (When you create your radio this one is the same as the RMO password)

AndyDeGroo

Hey SnowHow!

Thanks for lending a hand. And know-how, I guess. :)
Nice to see you around.

SnowHow

Quote from: AndyDeGroo on April 02, 2015, 12:43:27 AM
Hey SnowHow!

Thanks for lending a hand. And know-how, I guess. :)
Nice to see you around.

[off topic]

Thanks! I'm sorting through some issues ATM, and I plan to return full on once they're sorted.  :)

[/off topic]  :hihi:

J-

Bic8760

Thanks guys.  I tried your suggestions.  Looked at check boxes, made sure it was shoutcast v1.  It didn't change anything.  I switched this over to B.U.T.T. 0.1.14.  RDJ and B.U.T.T. both showing song now playing on RDJ.  Radionomy is playing but metadata is still not correct.  I'm sure I'm missing something.  I just don't know what it is.  I've been playing with this RN and RDJ for 3 months.  I wish I was more savvy with all of this but I'm really scratching my head.  I'll re-read and see if I can find where my problem is in this chain.  I don't know if it's RDJ or RN that's throwing me off but I'm sure it's a handshake on RN side.
I have no idea how to set up the API.  I just know that if you don't script it right and make too many requests with API your API key is blacklisted and then you can't use it at all.  I can't go down that route.  I have to get it right so I can get this running smoothly. 
I love RDJ and I need RN barter for streaming and licensing.  I can't afford to pay as I go withouth that option.  If you find out anything or think of anything I'd appreciate your input.  Thanks again.
I was a programmer for 20 years.  Never wanted to be an engineer.  :-)  Here at "my station" I'm doing it all.  :-)  OK well, I'm trying to do it all. 
Jim Bickel
jbickel@fostoria8760.com

Fostoria 8760

joshuatree44

are you using the now_playing.txt file to send out your meta data? That is just one idea. Not sure where butt gets it anymore but, no pun here, has to read something to get the meta data.